279 posts:
Order:    

Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
271 of 279  Fri 21st Apr 2017 2:15pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1078

'Like' button

On 18th Apr 2017 8:03am, JohnnieWalker said: Memo to Rob - maybe we need a "Like" button? When LesMac and Kaga send in little gems like these recent ones, I'm forced to spend lots of time thinking of a worthy response, when really a "Like" would probably be acceptable!
Well, I've given it a go... let's see if it works! Wink Currently, it's a "one way" thing though - one click of the thumbs-up symbol adds a "like" - but it cannot be undone.
Forum Features & Updates
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
272 of 279  Fri 21st Apr 2017 8:28pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:164

Think the like button is a fantastic idea - Well done Rob on implementing it- I wouldn't know where to start Thumbs up Thanks as always for hosting and maintaining this brilliant forum. Smile
Forum Features & Updates
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
273 of 279  Fri 21st Apr 2017 9:47pm  

You're very kind, thank you.... but a big thanks is also due to Johnnie Walker for suggesting such a good idea. Thumbs up
Forum Features & Updates
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
274 of 279  Mon 8th May 2017 8:58pm  

Filter Coventry / non-Coventry topics

It's new toy time again! Wink Just at the top of the main topic list is a new pair of buttons, which allow members to quickly filter non-Coventry topics, leaving a "Coventry only" list, if preferred. One click of one or other of the buttons will quickly swap between the two choices - simples! Thumbs up
Forum Features & Updates
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
275 of 279  Tue 9th May 2017 3:58am  
Off-topic / chat  

Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
276 of 279  Tue 9th May 2017 7:25am  
Off-topic / chat  

Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
277 of 279  Tue 16th May 2017 11:35am  

A-Z topic index

A quick look at the statistics page tells us that the number of posts has declined of late. There could be any number of reasons for that, including the simple fact that nothing remains constant. However, in a small effort to make the forum easier to use, and perhaps more attractive to newcomers who are not so familiar with the huge range of topics that we've discussed over the last seven years, I've added a new way to browse all the threads - a simple A-Z index. The link for it is next to the familiar "Topic index" in the toolbar at the top and bottom of every page, and it replaces the old "categories" link - those are still easily found down the left side of each page. Let's see if this method of browsing will get some of those old, long forgotten threads moving again! Cheers Thumbs up
Forum Features & Updates
RLCherrington
London
All posts by this member
278 of 279  Fri 19th May 2017 10:03am  
Member: Joined May 2014  Total posts:52

Thanks Rob for this update and the A-Z Index. There is such a wealth of information on this site and anyway to make it easier to navigate is good. I think a decline in posts can be due to a wide variety of reasons such as demographics, people getting older and not able or interested in going online any more. If younger people don't come along, you get fewer active members. Plus there may be a more widespread decline in social media with all the hacking going on, people do get worried about internet security. And it could be as you say- something comes along that is new, gets very popular, then the novelty wears off. And there are many sites for sharing memories and anecdotes about Cov in the past, as I've recently discovered doing research for my Dirty Stop Out's Guide to 1970s Coventry. A few years back, setting up a Facebook page for example would have attracted loads of people but now it's like, 'not another....' (as Brenda of Bristol would have said!!) I'm sure this forum will keep going an be a great repository of the Coventry we are rapidly losing and of our own shared histories and memories. Many thanks! Cheers
Forum Features & Updates
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
279 of 279  Tue 23rd May 2017 8:57pm  

Thank you Ruth, I appreciate that. Like you say, with the number of media sites around now, it has to water things down a bit. The A-Z index does appear to have revived a small handful of older topics though, so maybe it's starting to bring back a few subjects that had become buried in the depths, so to speak. And you'll have to tell us a bit more about "Brenda of Bristol" some time.... Wink Cheers
Forum Features & Updates

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 271 to 279 of 279 posts

Page 19 of 19

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 16 17 18 19
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Coventry Bicycle Shops
|

Next (newer) topic

St Mary Magdalene, Wyken
View similar topics in the Information category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 45ms)