No actionNo action
283 posts:
Order:    

Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
271 of 283  Sun 26th Feb 2017 5:29pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:835

And now for something completely different.... For those who have a spare few minutes between posts, you might like to try the new blue "Forum fun time" button on the left. As well as a link to the long standing quizzes and crosswords, I've finally worked out how make an online jigsaw. It's not as fancy as some, and only has square pieces, no clever knobbly shapes, but it's the best I can do for now and will hopefully bring a little pleasure. Only 'signed in' members can play, as it needs your username in order to assign a store to remember where you got to if you stop and want to carry on another day. You are also able to upload your own pictures to put back together again if you like. As always, have fun! Thumbs up Rob
Forum Features & Updates
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
272 of 283  Mon 27th Feb 2017 1:18am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2853

Fantastic Rob, I am a jigsaw fanatic and have a 2000 piece one going at the moment, but the sky is giving me some pain!! Thank you so much for the new interest on here, how on earth did you think of that. Thumbs up Wave The choice of pictures is great.
Forum Features & Updates
dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
273 of 283  Mon 27th Feb 2017 9:16am  
Member: Joined Dec 2010  Total posts:234

I tried it yesterday (Sunday) but couldn't finish it as I had put the top of of the hospital too low down Angry and I couldn't see how to move it up without moving them all one at a time. Nice one Rob Blush I'll know better next time Thumbs up
Forum Features & Updates
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
274 of 283  Mon 27th Feb 2017 10:48am  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:982

I did one yesterday and another this morning. I will look at how to add a couple of my own pictures in the next few days. Thanks Rob
Forum Features & Updates
Old Lincolnian
Coventry
All posts by this member
275 of 283  Mon 27th Feb 2017 3:34pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2012  Total posts:428

Many thanks Rob, just competed the first one and I'll hopefully do the rest over the next couple of weeks. I collect jigsaws of old maps (the more pieces the better) and I've just finished the 1610 John Speed map of Warwickshire Thumbs up
Forum Features & Updates
Midland Red

All posts by this member
276 of 283  Mon 27th Feb 2017 4:20pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4136

One or two added to the stock Thumbs up
Forum Features & Updates
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
277 of 283  Mon 27th Feb 2017 5:02pm  

Wow, thank you all so much - I'm so pleased with its early popularity. Some smashing new pictures added too - I look forward to having a go at those myself! Thumbs up Cheers! Cheers
Forum Features & Updates
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
278 of 283  Mon 8th May 2017 8:58pm  

It's new toy time again! Wink Just at the top of the main topic list is a new pair of buttons, which allow members to quickly filter non-Coventry topics, leaving a "Coventry only" list, if preferred. One click of one or other of the buttons will quickly swap between the two choices - simples! Thumbs up
Forum Features & Updates
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
279 of 283  Tue 9th May 2017 3:58am  
Off-topic / chat  

Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
280 of 283  Tue 9th May 2017 7:25am  
Off-topic / chat  

Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
281 of 283  Tue 16th May 2017 11:35am  

A-Z topic index

A quick look at the statistics page tells us that the number of posts has declined of late. There could be any number of reasons for that, including the simple fact that nothing remains constant. However, in a small effort to make the forum easier to use, and perhaps more attractive to newcomers who are not so familiar with the huge range of topics that we've discussed over the last seven years, I've added a new way to browse all the threads - a simple A-Z index. The link for it is next to the familiar "Topic index" in the toolbar at the top and bottom of every page, and it replaces the old "categories" link - those are still easily found down the left side of each page. Let's see if this method of browsing will get some of those old, long forgotten threads moving again! Cheers Thumbs up
Forum Features & Updates
RLCherrington
London
All posts by this member
282 of 283  Fri 19th May 2017 10:03am  
Member: Joined May 2014  Total posts:39

Thanks Rob for this update and the A-Z Index. There is such a wealth of information on this site and anyway to make it easier to navigate is good. I think a decline in posts can be due to a wide variety of reasons such as demographics, people getting older and not able or interested in going online any more. If younger people don't come along, you get fewer active members. Plus there may be a more widespread decline in social media with all the hacking going on, people do get worried about internet security. And it could be as you say- something comes along that is new, gets very popular, then the novelty wears off. And there are many sites for sharing memories and anecdotes about Cov in the past, as I've recently discovered doing research for my Dirty Stop Out's Guide to 1970s Coventry. A few years back, setting up a Facebook page for example would have attracted loads of people but now it's like, 'not another....' (as Brenda of Bristol would have said!!) I'm sure this forum will keep going an be a great repository of the Coventry we are rapidly losing and of our own shared histories and memories. Many thanks! Cheers
Forum Features & Updates
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
283 of 283  Tue 23rd May 2017 8:57pm  

Thank you Ruth, I appreciate that. Like you say, with the number of media sites around now, it has to water things down a bit. The A-Z index does appear to have revived a small handful of older topics though, so maybe it's starting to bring back a few subjects that had become buried in the depths, so to speak. And you'll have to tell us a bit more about "Brenda of Bristol" some time.... Wink Cheers
Forum Features & Updates

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 271 to 283 of 283 posts

Page 19 of 19

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 16 17 18 19
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

On This Day...
|

Next (newer) topic

What happened on THIS day in Coventry's history?
View similar topics in the Information category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 36ms)