No actionNo action
63 posts:
Order:    

Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
61 of 63  Thu 12th Dec 2019 4:48pm  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:2114

Could Little Conduit Meadow be near St Catherine's well?
Hill Street
Fred
Coventry
All posts by this member
62 of 63  Tue 19th May 2020 8:07pm  
Member: Joined May 2020  Total posts:2

Hello. The Council is considering a planning application to build 700 plus flats on the old gas board site - which has an entrance on Hill Street, Coventry. It seems that entrance (they have two others on Abbotts Lane) is to be used by the bulk of the residents traffic. Given that the large protected church on Hill Street is a busy, well-used one for weddings, funerals and services, plus there is a busy school next to it, the pollution levels and traffic flow will be massively increased. Hill Street and Upper Hill Street were one thoroughfare until the Ring Road was built. I believe there are plans afoot to close Barras Lane and re open Upper Hill Street onto the Ring Road. Does anyone know anything about it and whether it is viable given how much more pollution and traffic will flow through. It seems to me it will be mayhem and will become an increasingly dangerous road for the many walkers and cyclists who frequently use the road to go into the town centre.

Question

Hill Street
OddSock
Coventry
All posts by this member
63 of 63  Fri 22nd May 2020 9:28am  
Member: Joined Mar 2018  Total posts:17

Hi Fred, 'Midlands Today' did a feature, a months back now, regarding the proposed introduction of a congestion charge in Coventry. The main thrust of the feature was to report the difference of thinking between the Government, who were seemingly pushing for a charge to be introduced, and Coventry City Council, who were arguing that there were more effective ways to control traffic in the city and thus reduce congestion and pollution etc. During the feature, the reporter was filmed stood alongside the ring road at the cul-de-sac of Upper Hill Street, next to the Hill Street pedestrian bridge (over the ring road), and he did state that one of Coventry City Council's proposals was to open up that very road onto the ring road!? At the time, I dismissed the idea as daft simply because of the close proximity of both the Holyhead Road AND Radford Road junctions - but, maybe there's more to it?
Odd Sock (there

Hill Street

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 61 to 63 of 63 posts

Page 5 of 5

1 2 3 4 5
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Restaurants, Cafes, Coffee Bars
|

Next (newer) topic