No actionNo action
39 posts:
Order:    

Baz
Coventry
All posts by this member
31 of 39  Tue 15th Jan 2013 11:18pm  
Member: Joined May 2012  Total posts:340

A friend worked there and told me about a tractor they had tied to centre point out the back that just kept going around and around in a makeshift paddy field. Then there was the wooden wheels they put on when they ran out of wheels and tyres. Thumbs up
Always looking forward to looking at the past.

Massey Ferguson
Catshed
Old Chapelfields
All posts by this member
32 of 39  Wed 16th Jan 2013 8:50pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2012  Total posts:215

On 15th Jan 2013 11:18pm, Baz said: A friend worked there and told me about a tractor they had tied to centre point out the back that just kept going around and around in a makeshift paddy field. Then there was the wooden wheels they put on when they ran out of wheels and tyres. Thumbs up
We made 'wooden wheels' for certain tractors we exported for Massey at W.T Packaging, Currier's Close and at D.K. Packaging in Rugby, you had the main rim butt fitted wooden slats and bound them on with steel banding. Most times it was so they could be driven into the containers for countries that could not accept a CKD tractor for re-assembly, or where a country fitted their own tyres. Here's some JCB's we exported along with Massey's with wooden wheels in Canley.
Triumph - 'The Best Motorcycle in the World'.

Massey Ferguson
ballingham10
Dorset
All posts by this member
33 of 39  Fri 30th May 2014 5:02pm  
Member: Joined May 2014  Total posts:4

This was a night out at "The Night Out" in Birmingham organised by Massey Ferguson employees in the 1970s, I think. My parents are on here - Ken and Sheila Egglestone.
Massey Ferguson
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
34 of 39  Sat 27th Sep 2014 1:05pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:2216

Not sure if anyone is interested - film footage Edited by member, 27th Sep 2014 1:06 pm
Massey Ferguson
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
35 of 39  Sun 5th Oct 2014 7:44pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5116

On a rare visit to Coventry today, we passed along Banner Lane, where we stopped to photograph the plaque at Bannerbrook Park commemorating the Massey Ferguson tractor factory
Massey Ferguson
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
36 of 39  Wed 22nd Jul 2015 10:42am  

A sample of Coventry-produced tractors, seen last weekend at a show Thumbs up
Massey Ferguson
Gumnut
Moruya NSW Australia
All posts by this member
37 of 39  Thu 23rd Jul 2015 8:55am  
Member: Joined Jun 2014  Total posts:25

I worked for seven years at the Banner lane plant from the early 1990's. There were many days when I really didn't like working there, really wanting to be elsewhere. There were good times, all down to group of people I worked with. Many many many characters, the production line needed it so you could stay sane. I was a little sad when it as closed down, and then demolished. That place and those people will always be a memory. I guess the people behind the tractor don't often get remembered. There was a older guy who had worked there from the age of 16 and racked up 44 years of service, I remember him telling me how he had been wearing his Omega 20 years service watch for nearly 25 years! That puts my time into perspective. Feelings of nostalgia are funny things hey!!!!!
Massey Ferguson
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
38 of 39  Thu 28th Jul 2016 6:48pm  

Tractor parade to celebrate 70 years of tractor building Thumbs up
Massey Ferguson
dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
39 of 39  Fri 29th Jul 2016 8:40pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2010  Total posts:199

Big grin I know they should be M.R. but they are very good photos, Wink we go past the old factory site most times we come to Coventry as we have family that live in the area
Massey Ferguson

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 31 to 39 of 39 posts

Page 3 of 3

1 2 3
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Mobility Scooters
|

Next (newer) topic

Lisa Andrews