Topic categories:

Have a laugh!

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 766 to 778 of 778 posts

Page 52 of 52

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 .... 40 .... 45 .. 48 49 50 51 52
No actionNo action
778 posts:
Order:    

Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
766 of 778  Thu 31st Oct 2019 9:47am  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:1697

The icon with the teacher is making an unfortunate hand gesture. Wink
Have a laugh!
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
767 of 778  Thu 31st Oct 2019 10:02am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3196

Helen F. Wrong hand.
Have a laugh!
rufford155
Lytham UK and Madeira
All posts by this member
768 of 778  Tue 12th Nov 2019 8:34am  
Member: Joined Nov 2019  Total posts:20

On 29th Sep 2016 2:53pm, Roger T said: Funny this should come up and it should be a New Lincolnian commenting and also that when I first moved to Lincolnshire 19(?) years ago the first place we stayed was Wainfleet St Mary which is just a couple of miles away from Skeggy - so I knew it well and yes, the chap got it right in 1908, there`s only one more place more bracing and that`s St Andrews; next door to which I had stayed previously. I suppose anybody living on the East coast has similar tales. This is "Have a laugh" - so I`ll try............. When we were children just after the war, my grandfather who was a member of the "Oddfellows" arranged for myself, my brother and other cousins to go for a day trip from Coventry to Skegness, I think it was a chara. Great memory - we still refer to it all these years after. Bracing - we were nearly blown flat. Why I ever went back to Skegness - I should have head my head examined However I loved my 10 years there. One other memory, one of our friends joined the Fleet Air Arm, It was at Butlins Skegness (well perhaps it might be Ingoldmells), it had been taken over by the war office and was called "King Arthur" (not sure it may have been HMS Arthur)
I remember my geography teacher at KHVIII (forget his name) talking about Skeg and the east coast : "They advertise a bracing sea air - personally I call it a b....y cold wind."
Have a laugh!
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
769 of 778  Mon 18th Nov 2019 6:20pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5467

Not mine, not Cov, but . . . .
Have a laugh!
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
770 of 778  Mon 18th Nov 2019 6:41pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:1118

MR - can't view image
Have a laugh!
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
771 of 778  Thu 21st Nov 2019 2:42pm  

Oh dear Roll eyes From ‘Birmingham Bears’ Facebook page - it looks like all the crayons are standing still Lol
Have a laugh!
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
772 of 778  Fri 22nd Nov 2019 8:41am  

The election is in full swing and every politician needs to get as many votes as possible. One prospective Tory candidate was driving along and decided to drum up support in a local village. He strode into the village pub at dinnertime, packed with the locals, and with great bonhomie announced that if elected he would solve and implement any problems they might have in the village. “Thank you kindly, sir” said the landlord. “As a matter of fact we do have a couple of concerns” “And what are they?” said the smiling Tory. “Well, we have a small local hospital but we could do with a few more medical staff if possible, sir” said the landlord, and the other locals all nodded in agreement. "No problem, I can do that now" said the potential MP. The politician took out his mobile phone, dialled a number and within seconds was in an animated conversation. “That's sorted” he said with a knowing wink. “Friends in high places, you know”. “And the other concern?” he asked. “Well, sir” said the landlord, “at the moment in the village we don't have any internet or mobile phone coverage”.
Have a laugh!
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
773 of 778  Fri 29th Nov 2019 7:50pm  

“The world is on fire from the Arctic to the Amazon” - Caroline Lucas  Lol
Have a laugh!
Slim
Another Coventry kid
All posts by this member
774 of 778  Sat 30th Nov 2019 11:13am  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:554

On 22nd Nov 2019 8:41am, Midland Red said: The election is in full swing and every politician needs to get as many votes as possible. One prospective Tory candidate was driving along and decided to drum up support in a local village. He strode into the village pub at dinnertime, packed with the locals, and with great bonhomie announced that if elected he would solve and implement any problems they might have in the village. “Thank you kindly, sir” said the landlord. “As a matter of fact we do have a couple of concerns” “And what are they?” said the smiling Tory. “Well, we have a small local hospital but we could do with a few more medical staff if possible, sir” said the landlord, and the other locals all nodded in agreement. "No problem, I can do that now" said the potential MP. The politician took out his mobile phone, dialled a number and within seconds was in an animated conversation. “That's sorted” he said with a knowing wink. “Friends in high places, you know”. “And the other concern?” he asked. “Well, sir” said the landlord, “at the moment in the village we don't have any internet or mobile phone coverage”.
Correction on the second line. Tory could equally well have been Labour, Libdem, Brexit, Green, Ukip, SNP... Monster Raving Loony etc. All of them full of hot air and inflated promises, making out that "our party is better than the others, we will do so-and-so if elected", then when elected, renege. Angry
Have a laugh!
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
775 of 778  Sat 30th Nov 2019 1:40pm  

Slim, Yes, they all promise thousands of these wind farms. I'm looking out to sea at about 30 of these wind sails, put there about 18 months ago - the local radio tells us they have not been working for months and are not likely to for some months. Ok, they tell us they will pour millions into the NHS - a couple of months ago Brighton closed all its 'stroke' units, now you have to go to Eastbourne about 12 miles away, 12 miles back, by ambulance/car transport. Doctor gives you two weeks’ supply of pills. Two days later, not strong enough, another lot of pills, most still in unbroken seals - “no, we can't take them back, dump them. Well, it may stop the rats in the sewers from getting gallstones.” The mind boggles. Thousands crowd the streets shouting about the environment, then they get into cars and pollute the city. Kids sit in the front seats on the bus, then phone their mates at back of bus, so we can all hear. Lovely world we live in.
Have a laugh!
argon
New Milton & Tiptoe
All posts by this member
776 of 778  Sat 30th Nov 2019 2:00pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2016  Total posts:254

Kaga. If I didn't know better I would think that you was getting old. Cheers Edited by member, 30th Nov 2019 2:06 pm
Have a laugh!
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
777 of 778  Sat 30th Nov 2019 2:19pm  

Argon. No, not yet. I'm just getting to my second childhood. Now were did I put my cup of tea, or did I drink it?
Have a laugh!
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
778 of 778  Mon 2nd Dec 2019 9:06pm  

Instant Karma Lol
Have a laugh!

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 766 to 778 of 778 posts

Page 52 of 52

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 .... 40 .... 45 .. 48 49 50 51 52
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Longford (inc. The Red Hills)
|

Next (newer) topic

Holy Trinity Church
View similar topics in the Non-Coventry category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5

Website & counter by Rob Orland © 2019

Load time: 128ms