No actionNo action
3 posts:
Order:    

gangan
Stockton, Southam
All posts by this member
1 of 3  Thu 26th Jul 2012 3:29pm  
Member: Joined May 2012  Total posts:126

I simply love this forum and am amazed at the photos that people have and their memories. I am a fairly new member, but wonder if anyone A) Can remember the wondrous Guinness Clock which used to make occasional appearances on the piece of land opposite the Coventry Theatre, at the bottom left corner of Trinity Street as you look up to Broadgate? and B) Does anyone have a picture of it? It was a Heath Robinson sort of thing with spirals, toucans, bells and music. I recall seeing it in the early to mid 1950's. No one I have spoken to has any memories of it and I am beginning to think it is all in my imagination. Can ANYONE prove I am not losing it please?
Guinness Clock
heritage
Bedworth
All posts by this member
2 of 3  Thu 26th Jul 2012 3:56pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2011  Total posts:374

I certainly remember the Guinness clock and like you seem to have recollections of it at the bottom of Trinity Street. I think it was the clock from the Festival of Britain in 1951, happy memories of a visit there with my father on leave from the navy.
Guinness Clock
gangan
Stockton, Southam
All posts by this member
3 of 3  Thu 26th Jul 2012 5:40pm  
Member: Joined May 2012  Total posts:126

Thank you heritage, for restoring my sanity. After reading your post, I Googled "Festival of Britain Clock 1951" and there are some great pictures which brought memories flooding back
Guinness Clock

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Coventry riots
|

Next (newer) topic

Craven the Donkey
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category