Topic categories:

Schools and Education

King Henry VIII Grammar School

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 1411 to 1413 of 1413 posts

Page 95 of 95

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 .... 40 .... 45 .... 50 .... 55 .... 60 .... 65 .... 70 .... 75 .... 80 .... 85 .... 90 91 92 93 94 95
No actionNo action
1413 posts:
Order:    

bohica
coventry
All posts by this member
1411 of 1413  Sat 6th Jul 2019 11:29am  
Member: Joined Apr 2012  Total posts:251

Dear God! Oh my We were in the same class! Do you have any more details? (PM me if you like) R.I.P. Nick Edited by member, 7th Jul 2019 11:10 am
Schools and Education - King Henry VIII Grammar School
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
1412 of 1413  Tue 20th Aug 2019 9:34am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5365

On 6th Apr 2015 10:45am, PhilipInCoventry said: Hi all Wave One name that I cannot see is Mr Brotherwood. I remember him with affection, as he used to come to Paybody hospital twice a week to give me one to one tuition, over a period of many years. On a couple of occasions it was Mr Leachman that came. I was in the same prep school class as his son. Mr Brotherhood's care did not stop at that either. Whilst doing accountancy, I was struggling with some of the more complicated mathematics, & so whilst I was home on hols, I went to visit him at his home around Christmas time 1963. I was warmly greeted at their door by his wife, who led me in to see this man, horizontal, lying on a metal bed, with a dialysis machine pumping away. I wanted to withdraw & go home, but he insisted on helping me, as he did. For all of its & my warts, King Henry VIII set me with the best start in life that I could ever have dreamed of, a life that I am still able to enjoy now well into retirement. Thumbs up
The present Mrs Red spent the day in Coventry yesterday with one of Mr Brotherwood’s daughters (they both attended Stoke Park School) She emigrated to the USA after marriage and ran her own school in Michigan for many years - she recalls having assisted her father with some of the tuition he offered to pupils at their Coventry home A few years ago she suffered a bad fall, resulting in a number of injuries, and was eventually forced to quit her school - she had by then separated from her husband and their children In seeking some life insurance cover, she was required to have some blood tests Imagine her shock when the results of these tests revealed that she had in fact inherited the kidney condition which had afflicted her father, and urgent treatment was now vital Her sister donated a kidney and her life was saved Now she is on a very strict medication routine, and with two homes in USA in differing time zones, and also travelling to the UK on a number of occasions, ensuring that her medication and the pre- and post- fasting times are adhered to exactly is a major task each and every day She intends to sell up in America and to return to Coventry when it becomes possible Without having suffered the accident, she undoubtedly wouldn’t be alive today, as she had no knowledge of her condition
Slim
Another Coventry kid
All posts by this member
1413 of 1413  Thu 29th Aug 2019 11:41am  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:534

Further to earlier posts about Pete Jones being a decent chap and living in Kenilworth in retirement, he is now a local councillor for the Green Party: Kenilworth Abbey and Arden - Peter Jones (For the record, I am in no way trying to promote the Green Party, nor any other political party for that matter!)

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 1411 to 1413 of 1413 posts

Page 95 of 95

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 .... 40 .... 45 .... 50 .... 55 .... 60 .... 65 .... 70 .... 75 .... 80 .... 85 .... 90 91 92 93 94 95
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Ravensdale School
|

Next (newer) topic

Corley Open Air School
You are viewing topics in the Schools and Education category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5

Website & counter by Rob Orland © 2019

Load time: 94ms