No actionNo action
22 posts:
Order:    

pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
16 of 22  Fri 26th May 2017 5:55pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:992

Don't worry LesMac, I have been trying to get to grips with Bronze Age and Iron Age settlement in and around Coventry. I think it is when we have a history of our own that we tend to look to see how much difference there is between us and our ancestors - in the basics not a lot.
Strange Coventry Tales
Wearethemods
Aberdeenshire
All posts by this member
17 of 22  Fri 26th May 2017 8:03pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2013  Total posts:315

On 26th May 2017 2:14pm, LesMac said: Thanks for replies. I have been following links between the Templars, Roseline Chapel, Chris. Columbus and Oak Island. Why? Because I am in my dotage and got little else to do.
Roslyn Chapel is up here. I have often been asked if I am in the Knights Templar both in Inverness and Malta (having attended Lodge Meetings in both locations) but I am not involved to that extent. The KT hold meetings in the Lodges all the time.
Strange Coventry Tales
Gumnut
Moruya NSW Australia
All posts by this member
18 of 22  Sat 27th May 2017 2:33am  
Member: Joined Jun 2014  Total posts:25

I think the Roslyn Chapel pillars debate will always have questions to answer! Knights Templar, Freemasons and Calvinism while off topic of Coventry would make an interesting thread all by itself.
Strange Coventry Tales
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
19 of 22  Sat 27th May 2017 10:27am  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:998

You're right, such a thread would be interesting. Indeed, the Coventry links of each of those "organisations", for want of a better word, would make such a topic quite relevant if you wish to begin one. Incidentally, although I know almost nothing about the Knights Templar myself, I seem to recall David McGrory chatting about them to someone in the guildhall a while ago, and I think he said something about skulls being used as a symbol of mortality and as a way of discrediting the knights once they'd gone out of favour, possibly by the Catholic church, but I can't be sure.
Strange Coventry Tales
LesMac
Coventry
All posts by this member
20 of 22  Sat 27th May 2017 12:25pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2011  Total posts:294

Please excuse my misspelt Roslyn. In my mind I was thinking of Roseline Chapel in France that has links with Roslyn. I have been to Roslyn, very strange place. One arch is decorated with corn cobs and as the chapel was built before America was discovered, how could the builders know about corn cobs? Corn wasn't known here till comparatively recently. Well worth a visit, pity it's so far from here.
Strange Coventry Tales
Wearethemods
Aberdeenshire
All posts by this member
21 of 22  Sun 28th May 2017 10:26am  
Member: Joined Jun 2013  Total posts:315

I've also been to Roslyn and never thought about the corncobs. Out of interest and assuming they still do, all the Coventry Lodges meet up regularly in the Chapel below the ruins of Guy's Cliffe House on the edge of Warwick. Now that is a spooky place!
Strange Coventry Tales
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
22 of 22  Sun 28th May 2017 10:36am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1737

Strange tales, in Coventry, Men employed as works fireman, then told to ignore part of the works if there was a fire. Guy steals a new car of firms car park, then takes it back to same firm for repairs. Drunken guy dives of new bridge being built, into canal, and lands in the wooden pylon foundations and drowns. Tanks built to climb any type of ground, topples down the clod banks. Man asks wife to sell his brand new car,wife sells it for a pittance. for spite. Man about to break into property, try's to out run marathon trained Policeman.
Strange Coventry Tales

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 22 of 22 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Thomas Ward
|

Next (newer) topic

Working Men's, Sports and Social clubs
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 46ms)