No actionNo action
3 posts:
Order:    

NeilsYard
Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 3  Thu 20th Sep 2012 9:55am  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:1942

As a good Catholic boy of Irish descent I was somewhat dragged along as a young lad to church every Sunday. All Souls was our place of worship but I have vague memories of going to the original Christ the King church on Westhill Road. This was before the modern chapel that stands there currently and would have been early 70's? Maybe it was my age and size but I seem to remember thinking and recalling it was not much more than a wooden shed? Anyone recall and have any images?
Christ the King Church
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
2 of 3  Thu 20th Sep 2012 10:05am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4112

Hi NeilsYard, Hi all Wave I have attended weddings there & my grandson is a member of their football club. That about sums my experience up for Christ the King Church. Wave
Christ the King Church
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
3 of 3  Thu 20th Sep 2012 5:24pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:2215

Yes it was a weather boarded building built on Scots Lane, prior to that they rented a house in Scots Lane, for the supper as they had it first in Moseley Ave in a room at the Rialto their congregation were Polish, Ukrainian, then Italian, so it says, I know by a neighbour where I use to live who attended she told me it was one of the priest who built the club, so perhaps he built Our Lady of Lourdes Christ the King Church at the same time, as you know it now, it does say a priest and another part of the church helped to pay for the church to be built.
Christ the King Church

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Wilding family
|

Next (newer) topic

Fog
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category