No actionNo action
20 posts:
Order:    

slash1
northampton
All posts by this member
16 of 20  Wed 10th Oct 2012 7:36pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2011  Total posts:140

I would have to disagree with some earlier comments, I have always enjoyed being a neutral at football games. All through my Navy days, when in Plymouth, Home Park, when in Pompey, Fratton Park, when in Chatham, Gillingham (can't remember the name of their ground). Also, whilst at Chatham, a few of us would take the train to London and watch Charlton, West Ham, Arsenal and Tottenham. I followed Cov from about 1955 til mid 60's, then when I started courting, in Kettering, we used to watch Kettering Town. Having lived in Northampton for 40+ years, I and my son, my son in law and my wife supported Northampton Town, home and away. I did have to persuade my son in law to give up Anfield. I would believe that serious football fans should support the team where they live, or have lived.
Home team support
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
17 of 20  Wed 10th Oct 2012 8:12pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5118

On 10th Oct 2012 7:19pm, walrus said: ....a local "Scally" asked "Look after your car Mister?" He said "It's all right pal, there's an Alsatian in the back".The Scally said "That's OK Mister, but can it put out fires?"
Sound! Thumbs up
Home team support
derbyskyblue
west hallam, derbyshire
All posts by this member
18 of 20  Thu 11th Oct 2012 3:04am  
Member: Joined Apr 2011  Total posts:20

Hang your head in shame Midland Red, or should that be Liverpool Red. You are from Cov like all of us. Your team is Cov. That's it, end off. I never understand people who are born here and decide to support another team because of some tenuous link to that city, town or whatever. Roll eyes
Home team support
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
19 of 20  Thu 11th Oct 2012 8:14am  

On 11th Oct 2012 3:04am, derbyskyblue said: Hang your head in shame Midland Red....
No I will not That's just your opinion End of
Home team support
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
20 of 20  Thu 11th Oct 2012 12:07pm  

On 11th Oct 2012 3:04am, derbyskyblue said: I never understand people who are born here and decide to support another team because of some tenuous link....
Living and working in "that city" - hardly tenuous And that support has (to date) lasted 45 - yes, forty-five - years (Our Rob was 2 years old then, by the way!) I went to Goodison the week before, I also tried Haig Avenue (Southport FC), and even Knotty Ash Stadium (Liverpool City RLFC) - nowt to compare with Anfield Pipe and smoke come to mind Happy
Home team support

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 20 of 20 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Mile Lane
|

Next (newer) topic

Old Yard, Paradise