No actionNo action
428 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
421 of 428  Fri 20th Mar 2020 5:23pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4293

Hi all, JUST CHAT I've never experienced such as we are facing now in my entire life. Am I frightened, you bet! There's nothing wrong in being realistic with our feelings. Stiff upper lip sounds ok, a brave face, or whatever sentiment to describe our feelings. I'm stepping out of corporate line as this is fresh off my press, with no pre-moderator consent. Please, all of you that are members, thereby having access to post, please don't sit in isolation with fear. Within the norms of public decency, please post whatever if it helps. What you might find is that there are lots more in the same predicament, so you might be helping them. Some subjects are normally taboo, like religion, politics, race, may I add anger & abuse. If anger & abuse are absent from conversations, most subjects can be shared, within a spirit of calm & love. Yes, love. I'm angry for instance about some of the selfish shopping pillaging that we are witnessing, but I won't let my anger spill over in print. Please help me by doing likewise. There are social media websites for venting anger. I suggest using this, my named topic for now we can see how it progresses. These are unprecedented times. It's our mental state that I hope that our sharing together, might just give a little bit of peace of mind. My reputation on our forum is at stake here, but it's my feelings for our mental state that is driving my motivation, which I believe is overriding everything else. I'm just Philip In Coventry, trying to listen.
Our Philip
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
422 of 428  Fri 20th Mar 2020 6:10pm  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:1947

Ditto Philip. You've got some of the greatest pressures.
Our Philip
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
423 of 428  Fri 20th Mar 2020 6:50pm  

Hi Helen Wave No more than anyone else. I was a volunteer worker with Coventry Mind for nearly three decades. I didn't do much formal counselling, I was more the practical side. One of my core volunteer duties was transport driver. What I discovered was that driving loads of folks to & from sessions, I was constantly being asked questions. That itself wasn't easy, as just like now I didn't & haven't got all of the answers. I have my faith in what I believe is a living God, yes, the one that has brought about this current crisis, but that is inappropriate to folk with a differing opinion. I have had to learn to level on the same level. It's a bit like Aesop's fable, where the stork was expected to eat out of a saucer, & the mouse that had to eat out of a narrow necked jug. Neither of them could succeed, they both left the houses hungry. I don't mind sharing my reasoning, but that's all I can do, even though for me, my faith has become such a dominating factor in my life. I don't mean playing the organ or piano! That's the most difficult part, making sure that I am level & on the same level as you & everyone else. Also being aware of my privileged position as moderator on our forum.
Our Philip
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
424 of 428  Sun 22nd Mar 2020 10:31am  

This is an odd day for me. I'm barred from organ duty both by age & contact with Pam. Our church service is being streamed. Mother's Day, but Pam can't have any visitors. What we do have is garden with the sun streaming down. A bit chilly but I may get a bit of vitamin D from a few minutes in it later. Love & best wishes to you all. ps. A buttered bun has just arrived!
Our Philip
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
425 of 428  Sun 22nd Mar 2020 10:39am  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:1947

Hot cross? Angry And what about the bun? Lol Sorry, I couldn't resist the bun... pun. Enjoy your lovely garden and the compensating weather.
Our Philip
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
426 of 428  Sun 22nd Mar 2020 7:05pm  

Hi Helen, No, it was too soft & fresh for toasting. The two left might be toasted tomorrow.
Our Philip
Slim
Another Coventry kid
All posts by this member
427 of 428  Mon 23rd Mar 2020 4:42pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:605

Not if this is the right topic under which to post, but I was in Leamington earlier, and noticed that the country's second smallest shop, Classic Train and Motor Bus, the model train shop in George St, has both its window and door boarded up, as if it has been abandoned, or burgled. Anyone know what has happened to it?
Our Philip
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
428 of 428  Mon 23rd Mar 2020 7:54pm  

Hi Slim, The shop was trading at the end of Feb, I will try to find out. Model shops I've seen the shop boarded up when he has been at shows before. A note on th website states shops closed until advised to re-open, but who knows.
Our Philip

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 421 to 428 of 428 posts

Page 29 of 29

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 26 27 28 29
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

George Eliot
|

Next (newer) topic

Stoke