No actionNo action
7 posts:
Order:    

LesMac
Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 7  Sun 11th Nov 2012 12:14pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2011  Total posts:292

Does anyone know what is happening to city centre parking?..Wanted to visit Argos yesterday and as I am severly disabled I am used to parking on the double yellow lines when I visit the shop..Yesterday I parked and while I was waiting for my wife to get my scooter from the car boot a traffic warden approached.."You cant park here"..When I asked why not he said that as there no yellow lines I cannot park there???..I tried to argue the point but he replied with just two words the second word being "Off"..As I drove off I became aware that all the yellow lines have gone from all over the city so I would have thought that anyone can park anywhere...Or have I got it wrong?...Les
City centre parking
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 7  Sun 11th Nov 2012 3:15pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1555

Traffic warden!!? - Can't remember the last time I saw a traffic warden in Coventry! Any council official who speaks to a member of the public in that way deserves reporting - did you ask for their name or ID? I would suggest you phone Coventry Direct on freecall 0500 833333 (or 024 7683 3333) in the morning and report the issue. Should you wish to speak to someone about the "yellow lines" issue (or lack of) ask for the Highways Dept.
City centre parking
cabbie
coventry
All posts by this member
3 of 7  Sun 11th Nov 2012 4:22pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:30

why would anybody want to go into the town centre?retail parks all around the city are much better to park and better access for disabled.It is now obvious the planners do not want people to use the town centre for shopping.What they should do is flatten the whole lot and build for the next generation.I really feel tor the generations in the future they will have no culture or sense of history.
City centre parking
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
4 of 7  Sun 11th Nov 2012 4:27pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3945

Hi all Wave This is in the telegraph. over-zealous-wardens
City centre parking
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
5 of 7  Sun 11th Nov 2012 4:29pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1555

On 11th Nov 2012 4:22pm, cabbie said: why would anybody want to go into the town centre?
As Les says, he wanted to visit a specific shop. The only "out-of-town" premises of this retailer is the other side of the city.
City centre parking
flapdoodle
Coventry
All posts by this member
6 of 7  Sun 11th Nov 2012 9:27pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2010  Total posts:844

For years I have parked along Warwick Road and off New Union street for a few minutes in the morning while I nip into the centre to pick up a coffee and some breakfast. Now I have to pay 50p. So The city centre has lost my business.
City centre parking
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
7 of 7  Sun 11th Nov 2012 11:18pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:2234

Hi Les my daughter in law is disabled and the traffic warden ages ago so don't know if this still applies, he told my son he was allowed with blue badge to park in Queens Road by the auction place, if this helps, what will come next traffic tax like London, seems this might be next as this is what becomes of trying to make Coventry bigger. You worry about parking if you get housing bennifit, I would worry about your home, as my housing association said I can't have this house, unless I have a career, phoning me up asking my bennifit details, which housing bennifit said they have no right, I too am disabled, and occupy a two bed, I told them my family care for me and older grand children help me, they stated no that does nt count but my daughter in law checked and my family can care for me, so where are these one bed properties and where will my career stop when I need it, one of my family as I explained my older grand kids stop to help, no that won't count, I offered to pay if I had to the 14 per cent , no again was their answer, so I wonder how many true Coventry people will be left in the City by the time they have finished. Will this be like the poll tax try it out on the Scots if they put up with it any one will, then go to the people who own their homes with out claiming housing bennifit. I see this country as a dictatorship now.
City centre parking

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

'Blimey' Hall
|

Next (newer) topic

Norman Place Road, Coundon
View similar topics in the Public Transport and Travel category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 5th April 2018  (Load time: 272ms)