No actionNo action
19 posts:
Order:    

rufford155
Lytham UK and Madeira
All posts by this member
16 of 19  Fri 1st Nov 2019 7:05pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2019  Total posts:25

Hello Everybody, another old boy here, 1949-1955. I was on Northfield Road. Went on to King Henry VIII. I don't know how long headmaster Charlie Wheel stayed after me but, strangely, he had previously taught my father.
All Saints School, Vecqueray Street
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
17 of 19  Fri 1st Nov 2019 8:31pm  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:2115

Hi Rufford, I'm not a Coventry kid but hello anyway Wave A bit of a warning, posts like this can take weeks or even months to get a response because there are only a few members from each school and not every member of the site pops in every day. Wave
MERLINMOG
Tile Hill Coventry
All posts by this member
18 of 19  Wed 15th Jan 2020 8:10pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:9

I also went to All Saints (when I was Sally Howe), as did my younger brother Bob. This was late 1950s. Charles Weale the headmaster was as described with his violin playing and thwacking the naughty ones. Barbara Gough (teacher) I remember well and thought she was very 'posh'. Piggy Weale lived alone on the Radford Road. The boys and girls playgrounds were separate, but if I stood on the top of the coke heap I could look over at the boys. I was always in trouble! The teachers had their staffroom in the separate hall along the street and I was allowed to make their coffee. Nescafe at that time came in a very small round tin. At this time we lived in Atkins Square opposite Gosford Green. Another lifetime ago but I remember so many pupils... Roger Moseley, Peter Chaplin, Margaret Pedley, Carolyn Nicholson... so many faces I recall. Anyone remember me or my brother Bob?
S D KAYE

rufford155
Lytham UK and Madeira
All posts by this member
19 of 19  Tue 10th Mar 2020 6:54pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2019  Total posts:25

So sorry I don't remember you or Bob although I feel I ought to ! I think I knew Roger Moseley as I think it was his sister who was in my class, as was Margaret Pedley. See my photo above.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 19 of 19 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Coventry names and addresses book
|

Next (newer) topic

Gulson Road Hospital