Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4827

Lol Lol Lol Thumbs up
Australia
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
107 of 110  Fri 13th Apr 2018 1:14pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1984

Dreamtime, Thirty years ago today, my wife and I were on that old Mississippi paddle boat on the Swan River, live jazzband, sumptuous meal, booze, warm balmy night. Truly Perth at its best, a night to remember.
Australia
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
108 of 110  Fri 13th Apr 2018 2:42pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2984

Yes, we have enjoyed a few river cruises on the Swan and had a la carte meals. Not sure if the paddle boat is still in use, you have to go up the Murray these days for those. Did you ever go over to Rottnest Island, or tasted the fish n' chips down Freo?
Australia
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
109 of 110  Fri 13th Apr 2018 3:08pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1984

Dreamtime, The Murray river I have not seen but I once read a book about two boys canoeing down it. Visited Rottnest Island a few times but rats with kangaroo legs - 'ouh'. Yes I went to Freemantle once when the World Race was on - sat on the rocks and watched a couple of boats come in. Yes we had a special fish and chip shop we liked in Freemantle. I liked the place but I hear it's changed a lot since I was there. Got interested in a very old boat they were re-building in the maritime museum. Been to Ascot races too, loved the Burswood. But don't have the money or age to suit the Aussie immigration board these last twenty years.
Australia
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
110 of 110  Fri 13th Apr 2018 4:43pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2984

Kaga, You must have seen the Batavia in progress in the maritime museum. The Quokkas are very friendly and are protected now on Rottnest. That place is only for the school leavers these days to let of steam and the ones that don't behave are sent back on the earliest ferry. Freo has changed for the better, a whole new centre but unlike Coventry have maintained their history, only since the 1800's of course - very Federation. The old prison is a tourist attraction now but you can stay the night if you are willing. Oh my
Australia

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 106 to 110 of 110 posts

Page 8 of 8

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Crumbs! Wedding cake goes off the rails
|

Next (newer) topic

Tailors and Outfitters (bespoke and other)
View similar topics in the Non-Coventry category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 5th April 2018  (Load time: 126ms)