No actionNo action
23 posts:
Order:    

LesM
Melbourne, Australia
All posts by this member
16 of 23  Wed 17th Aug 2011 8:30am  
Member: Joined Jul 2011  Total posts:47

I too found myself agreeing with you for watching both television and listening to the radio (here in Oz.) I dislike the volume of adverts on commercial free to air tv but accept it as a necessary evil. Of course, we too have pay tv here but I have never really thought it value for money as with the exception of old movies most of the rest can be seen on free to air tv anyway. Besides, why should it be acceptable to have to sit through adverts when you have already paid Mr Murdoch, or whomever? What I'm coming to is, if it is the lack of content on U.K. radio that is the problem then why not try listening to Internet radio? There are literally thousands of stations around the world to try and even a comparatively slow broadband connection is more than adequate. You participate in this forum, so you already have the hardware - maybe also need a pair of pc speakers - and the software is free from the Internet. Internet tv, or IPTV, has a little way to go before it is accepted as a replacement to free to air, but it's not far off.
Thank you, Rob!
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
17 of 23  Thu 18th Aug 2011 5:30pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1547

On 17th Aug 2011 8:30am, LesM said: .... if it is the lack of content on U.K. radio that is the problem then why not try listening to Internet radio?
And, if you happen to have one of the smart phones (like an iPhone or Andoid device) there are lots of internet radio "Apps" that will do the job for you and allow listening wherever you happen to be (data plan allowing) The number of stations is almost unending - with every type of topic/music covered, from talk radio, rock-and-roll, 60's to classical, all at the touch of a button. And, from right across the world. The choice, as they say, is endless.
Thank you, Rob!
Linda
Doncaster
All posts by this member
18 of 23  Tue 3rd Jan 2017 9:58pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2016  Total posts:8

On 22nd Jul 2011 7:40pm, Rob Orland said: And what a hobby this is! I certainly couldn't have picked a more rewarding thing to do in my spare time - and I couldn't have picked a nicer bunch of friends, either. Thumbs up The pleasure is all mine, believe me, and I'm just grateful that so many of you share it. Cheers to all.... Cheers Rob
I agree with everyone. Great site. Great reading about the place I loved and was born and brought up in. Memories. Well done, Rob Thumbs up
Thank you, Rob!
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
19 of 23  Wed 4th Jan 2017 7:27am  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1126

How lovely to hear that after nearly six years people are still discovering and joining us to share their memories and make new friends. Thank you so much Linda! Wave
Thank you, Rob!
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
20 of 23  Sun 22nd Jan 2017 2:37pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3882

Hi all Wave A STORY *********** Once upon a time, in fact yesterday afternoon, Rob was just about to take his first mouthful of jelly & ice cream with a household of family & guests when a fault was discovered on our picture upload system. The team told Rob, no hurry, we will post a BBC interlude film until it could be fixed. Now most of that could be a story, but what is fact is that within a couple of hours it was all fixed, with the windmill removed. Normal service was resumed without a seam to be seen. If that is not commitment & dedication, I don't know what is!
Thank you, Rob!
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
21 of 23  Sun 22nd Jan 2017 9:46pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:826

Cheers Thumbs up Cheers Thumbs up Much appreciated.
Thank you, Rob!
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
22 of 23  Mon 23rd Jan 2017 4:49am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2918

For he's a jolly good fellow, and so say all of us. Wave Thumbs up
Thank you, Rob!
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
23 of 23  Mon 23rd Jan 2017 7:27am  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1126

Blush You're all so lovely, how could I let you down? Thumbs up
Thank you, Rob!

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Bayley Lane
|

Next (newer) topic

Albany Motorcycle Spares
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 109ms)