5 posts:
Order:    

Foxcote
Warwick
All posts by this member
1 of 5  Sun 16th Dec 2012 12:57pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2012  Total posts:928

Magnifying glasses

Can anyone advise please. I have a rubbish magnifying glass and I have had trouble lately with some of the photos and I want to purchase a good glass. I am confused with the technical stuff and would like someone to help me so that I get a good strong one for photos and images. All that resolution stuff has confused me Roll eyes Help please.
Computer hints and tips
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 5  Sun 16th Dec 2012 3:33pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1077

I'm not sure if this works with every browser and computer - but with many, if you hold in the [Ctrl] key on your keyboard and then press [+] or [-] it will magnify or decrease the size of everything on the screen. Likewise, if you use a mouse with a central scroll-wheel, if you hold in [Ctrl] and roll that wheel forwards or backwards, it has the same effect. In both cases, pressing [Ctrl] and [0] (zero, not 'oh') at the same time is a quick way to reset back to 100% or normal size. Hope this is useful to everyone! Thumbs up
Computer hints and tips
Foxcote
Warwick
All posts by this member
3 of 5  Mon 17th Dec 2012 8:57am  
Member: Joined Jan 2012  Total posts:928

Thanks Rob. Followed the instructions and it works Oh my Just shows, it's always best to ask Thumbs up
Computer hints and tips
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
4 of 5  Sun 9th Jun 2013 6:08pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1077

Web-pages not reflecting changes

It's a common problem that when something on a webpage changes, not everyone sees the change straight away. One example is when a forum member alters their avatar image, but then on returning to their posts still see the old image there. This sort of thing is usually caused by cache memory holding on to "out of date" web-information. One possible answer to this, if using Internet Explorer on a Windows PC, is to go to the "Tools" menu -> Internet Options -> Browsing history -> Settings. Then where it says "Check for newer versions of stored pages" check the "Every time I visit the webpage" option. For some reason Microsoft didn't think it sensible to have this as the default option, so most people browsing with IE will suffer from regularly out-of-date information. On an iPad the item to look for can be found under the icon for Settings -> Safari, where at the bottom of the right window are three options; Clear History, Clear Cookies, Clear Cache. Trying the last option might help if your iPad seems to be holding onto out-of-date webpages. If anyone can add further advice for other types of computer, please feel free to add more below. Thumbs up
Computer hints and tips
dutchman
Spon End
All posts by this member
5 of 5  Sun 9th Jun 2013 10:03pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2010  Total posts:3033

On 9th Jun 2013 6:08pm, Rob Orland said: For some reason Microsoft didn't think it sensible to have this as the default option, so most people browsing with IE will suffer from regularly out-of-date information.
Recent versions of Firefox are even worse in that respect. Browser caching can only be disabled by manually editing the configuration file which for most non-technical users is probably more dangerous than leaving it alone.
Computer hints and tips

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

POWs working in Coventry
|

Next (newer) topic

City scape
View similar topics in the Computer hints and tips category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 237ms)