No actionNo action
6 posts:
Order:    

matthewduffy789
Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 6  Wed 3rd Jul 2013 5:27pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2013  Total posts:9

In January 2013, a new heritage trust for Coventry, Coventry Culture was set up, which took over the running of Coventry Transport Museum, Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Priory Visitors Centre and the Lunt Roman Fort. I really want to help anyway that I can, and its because of this, I have set up a personal blog, which would be used as my own personal space to present news and features of the latest exhibitions and events taking place across the 5 heritage sites. My blog address is http://covcultureunistudent.wordpress.com/ It is in the very early stages at the moment, so apologies for the lack of info as you can imagine, I've only just set it up. However, if you would like to suggest ideas or improvements, please feel free to do so. Thank you MATTHEW DUFFY
Information - Coventry Culture blog
matthewduffy789
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 6  Sat 21st Sep 2013 7:39pm  

I am a Journalism and Media student at Coventry University. I run a blog called Coventry Culture. The purpose of the site is to bring the culture and heritage of Coventry to the world. Community is at the heart of Coventry Culture and this is where the members of Historic Coventry Forum will help tremendously. I am currently in the process of developing a feature to showcase Coventry's Heritage Open Days. I really want to showcase media from the members taken across the days, whether it be video, photos, whatever. I also want to take advantage of social media. If you want your media to be showcased on the Coventry Culture blog, then post it here (or link to another post or posts). Naturally, I will seek permission from members prior as to whether they want your media to be posted. If you want to contact me directly to find out more, please do so. To view Coventry Culture, visit http://coventryculture.wordpress.com. Thank you for your time.
matthewduffy789
Coventry
All posts by this member
3 of 6  Sun 15th Dec 2013 7:47pm  

A few of the members may already know of me, but despite this, I wish to introduce myself. My name is Matthew Duffy and I run a blog called Coventry Culture, which you can access here I am currently developing a feature on the blog as regards to Theatres in Coventry. I know of The Belgrade and The Coventry Theatre/Hippodrome, the former opening in 1958, the latter 1844-1906-1937-2004 and of course The Criterion Theatre in Earlsdon (1961-) My question is besides the above, what other theatres were there in Coventry? I apologise if this seems like an obvious question to you clued-up members, but your help would be much appreciated. Additionally, all credit will be given to members in the feature. Thanks for your time :) Thumbs up Big grin Smile
matthewduffy789
Coventry
All posts by this member
4 of 6  Sun 22nd Dec 2013 2:31pm  

Hi I am developing a feature on Coventry @ Christmas for the Coventry Culture blog. Do you have images, tweets, videos etc which you would like to contribute? If so, you can send them via the contribute links on the blog, via @coventryculture or via this site. Thanks :) And Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on the Historic Coventry Forum
matthewduffy789
Coventry
All posts by this member
5 of 6  Fri 27th Dec 2013 8:18pm  

As my already know, I run a blog called Coventry Culture On Sunday, I will be conducting an interview with the Coventry Open Xmas team and want your help, should you want to. Have you questions that you would liked asked to the team? Did you attend Coventry Open Xmas this year and/or in preceding years? If you want to be featured in the interview, then reply to this forum post or visit my blog and use the contribute to Coventry Culture links. Thank you for your time :)
matthewduffy789
Coventry
All posts by this member
6 of 6  Sat 12th Dec 2015 4:57pm  

In yesterday’s Coventry Observer, it was reported that the Sleigh Ride, formally located in the rooms of Coventry Co-operative store on Corporation Street, has been unveiled at its new home in Coventry Transport Museum. I’ve been on it many times and if you like, you couldn’t see the joins, you’re moving but you're not. I always loved going on it every year, it was almost like a tradition, as many of you may agree. But what are your memories? Can you remember when it first opened? Do you have pictures of this? I would really love to hear your stories. If you would be interested in being part of this feature, there are 2 ways of doing so. If you are on Facebook, add yourself to this group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/coventryculture/. If you are not, then send me an email at matthewduffy11@icloud.com with the subject line “Coventry Culture Blog - Co-op Sleigh Ride Memories”. Thank you and have yourself a merry little Christmas (sorry July Garland and Meet Me In St Louis)

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Loneliness
|

Next (newer) topic

Christmas / New Year - Public Information
You are viewing topics in the Information category