Next pageLast page
93 posts:
Order:    

Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
46 of 93  Fri 28th Dec 2018 2:12pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3655

Midland Red. Is Lizzie going to pay for all that scaffolding?
Things you see (non-Cov)
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
47 of 93  Fri 8th Mar 2019 10:37am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5603

Only seen the photo, but . . . Oh my "Reading Between the Lines", a piece of Art, created by architects Gijs and Van Vaerenbergh near Borgloon in Belgium. Gives a different view from all possible distances and angles. Here the underside disappears!
Things you see (non-Cov)
Kimbo
Leicestershire
All posts by this member
48 of 93  Thu 11th Apr 2019 8:47am  
Member: Joined Feb 2012  Total posts:69

Near us in Hinckley last week. I have no idea! Edited by member, 11th Apr 2019 8:49 am
Things you see (non-Cov)
zigzag
cornwall
All posts by this member
49 of 93  Thu 11th Apr 2019 12:14pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2013  Total posts:116

Double parking?
Things you see (non-Cov)
argon
New Milton
All posts by this member
50 of 93  Thu 11th Apr 2019 2:29pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2016  Total posts:351

It is the mating season!
Things you see (non-Cov)
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
51 of 93  Thu 11th Apr 2019 3:42pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3536

She is thinking - 'Now what shall I buy for tea tonight'!
Things you see (non-Cov)
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
52 of 93  Sun 21st Apr 2019 12:33pm  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:2168

When caught up in a traffic queue in Kent, we arrived at the hold up and there was a car run off the road into some small saplings - all very normal for an accident but directly on top, perfectly balanced, roof to roof, front to front was another car. There was little evidence of major damage or that the occupiers of the cars had been in a serious state. We couldn't work out how the second car had got up there.
Things you see (non-Cov)
Dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
53 of 93  Sun 5th Jan 2020 9:00am  
Member: Joined Dec 2010  Total posts:235

They tell me this bird is the next to rarest bird you'll see, if you’re lucky, in this country. The full all-white blackbird, or the full all-white sparrow Smile This is a photo I took whilst walking up to the bowling club through the estate - it's not an albino bird.
Things you see (non-Cov)
Dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
54 of 93  Sun 2nd Feb 2020 9:54am  

A blast from the past, this was taken in Wigan 1967 but I remember all the young girls late 50/60s walking round town with their hair in rollers on a Saturday afternoon getting ready for that big night out at the dance hall, they were so different in all their glad-rags and not a hair out of place. Wink I know now it was only to catch the eye of the boys Smile The girls in Coventry would have been no different in the 60s, Rocking & rolling on a Saturday night.
Things you see (non-Cov)
p fandango
Binley, Coventry
All posts by this member
55 of 93  Sun 2nd Feb 2020 12:46pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2019  Total posts:22

In Mablethorpe, a shop called "Shop Till You Drop", next to a funeral directors
Things you see (non-Cov)
Dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
56 of 93  Sat 14th Mar 2020 6:26pm  

I've been re-vamping my bathroom and gardens by adding some safety, as we are getting older. I made these two videos with a jam butty in one hand, the video in the other, with no script, uploaded straight from the camera to YouTube - first attempt, no second try for Dougie, you get what turns out. Did everything you see myself that's in the bathroom, only doing a revamp and adding things for safety - video 1 Already made an almost maintenance-free garden years ago as we were getting older - video 2
Things you see (non-Cov)
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
57 of 93  Sat 14th Mar 2020 9:45pm  

Looking good dougie. Has the bath seat got a second length of wood underneath to stop the seat slipping off the edges of the bath or twisting?
Things you see (non-Cov)
Dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
58 of 93  Sun 15th Mar 2020 10:00am  

Yes it has Smile It’s only a temporary seat to try out, also it fits through the two hand grip bars so can't move anywhere. It works but I only had one free hand as my camera was in the other, must be some for sale that look better. PS. You'll not know we only live up the road from you (at Ashton). You never say much about your lovely town even though it too has history, it's a lovely place for shopping, it would open the eyes of people from Coventry. Don’t you think they may like to see the place you live now on video? Part of a slideshow here I made of Warrington, the place Helen F comes from now, she will see some changes. Edited by member, 15th Mar 2020 1:03 pm
Things you see (non-Cov)
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
59 of 93  Sun 15th Mar 2020 1:00pm  

I thought that might be what you did. Smile Lidl has some well priced home aids but only once or twice a year. I like the easiness of Warrington as a layout (give or take rush hour traffic) and as a relatively new build, it's quite good looking but it's very boring. Came absolute bottom for culture and heritage in a survey of several hundred towns and cities. I was going to blog about my new garden while I had it built, but just before work commenced the town announced they were building a massive road (going through my parents’ old house just up the road), housing, warehousing and possibly HS3 in the fields at the back of me. The council were embracing out not up, unlike Coventry that has done the opposite. Totally upset me ever since. However, through campaigning and objecting we might have scaled the town's plans back and the nearest fields may remain as greenbelt. It's been exhausting and depressing and one of the reasons the Coventry 3D thing and the garden haven't progressed as much as they might have. Sad I realise that I'm still very lucky but I'm somewhat grumpy about the town.
Things you see (non-Cov)
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
60 of 93  Sun 15th Mar 2020 4:16pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3536

Don't despair Helen, I remember you telling me way back about having to start a new garden and I have wondered since how it was coming along. Everything comes to those who wait, says I. Mmmm, I left an acre block when my hubby passed away to be nearer to my daughter and as small as my new garden is, I have enjoyed seeing it develop, not to mention a new but downsized home newly built. I wish we were nearer and as you are so busy I would enjoy doing a bit of weeding for you. The garden is a passion of mine and the only place I can talk to myself and not be answered back. The neighbours must think they have a loony living next door. Roll eyes
Things you see (non-Cov)

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 46 to 60 of 93 posts

Page 4 of 7

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next pageLast page

Previous (older) topic

The Albany Hotel and Rugby in Coventry (1908-1919)
|

Next (newer) topic

Crest Hotel, M6 Jct 2, Walsgrave Road
View similar topics in the Non-Coventry category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5

Website & counter by Rob Orland © 2020

Load time: 82ms