No actionNo action
92 posts:
Order:    

Old Lincolnian
Coventry
All posts by this member
91 of 92  Tue 20th Sep 2016 1:22pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2012  Total posts:431

My main problem with going to school was it stopped me doing the interesting things I wanted to do and had to learn the names of the areas of China instead (although that might now be useful). I actually enjoyed most subjects (except languages) but would always have rather been doing something else.
School Holidays memories
Slim
Coventry a bit
All posts by this member
92 of 92  Tue 20th Sep 2016 2:23pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:360

Dear OL, I was the exact opposite to you: generally, I hated most subjects, except languages, at which I excelled whilst putting in next to no effort. I just found languages very easy. I wasn't motivated to waste my time doing something I thought was pointless or boring. Like you, however, I wanted to be elsewhere (home) doing something more useful or interesting, like building something, digging an underground den, making a tree den, riding bicycles dangerously (being a menace to the public), climbing trees, falling out of them and breaking your arm, all the normal things boys do. What do the youngsters of today do? Sit in their bedrooms playing silly computer games (i.e. living in a fantasy world), or on social media sites, or glued to their "smart" phones. Call that an upbringing? Roll eyes
School Holidays memories

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 91 to 92 of 92 posts

Page 7 of 7

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Leicester Causeway
|

Next (newer) topic

Swiss trip, 1946
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 70ms)