No actionNo action
131 posts:
Order:    

MisterD-Di
Sutton Coldfield
All posts by this member
121 of 131  Mon 11th Jul 2016 10:11pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2011  Total posts:881

We actually did that visit last year, along with St Mary's Hall which is all connected. By coincidence I ran into our esteemed Webmaster during that visit. In any case I did work for Coventry council many years ago and, in a professional capacity, got to see many hidden parts of the building back in the 70s.
Coventry Heritage open days
busman
Corley
All posts by this member
122 of 131  Fri 15th Jul 2016 3:57pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2016  Total posts:4

There will be a vintage bus service on both Saturday and Sunday this year connecting around 12 venues with departures between 10.00am and 4.00pm starting/finishing at Transport Museum. This year all vehicles will have Daimler chassis manufactured in Coventry
Roger Burdett

Robthu
Coventry
All posts by this member
123 of 131  Sun 4th Sep 2016 4:39pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2012  Total posts:75

Midland Red

All posts by this member
124 of 131  Sun 4th Sep 2016 8:34pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4153

Thank you, Robthu Thumbs up Here is the full list provided by Coventry City Council, where a brochure can be downloaded Now all we need is for our Philip to provide a good weather forecast Wink
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
125 of 131  Sun 4th Sep 2016 8:49pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3828

Hi all, Hi M.R Wave Six days ahead forecasting is fraught with risk & uncertainty, but after the weather settling down during this week, next Saturday sees a risk of a period of unsettled conditions. Sad Wednesday, we might have a better idea. Wave Longterm rain forecast
Derrickarthur
Coventry
All posts by this member
126 of 131  Mon 5th Sep 2016 3:12pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2014  Total posts:129

Not strictly Coventry Heritage but a Rugby Heritage Open Day. I have tried to get a place on the tour of Cemex (Rugby Cement) a few times without any luck but phoned this morning and managed to reserve a place for Thursday and the weather forecast looks good. The view from the top of the tower should be incredible.
Derrickarthur
Coventry
All posts by this member
127 of 131  Fri 9th Sep 2016 10:49am  
Member: Joined Nov 2014  Total posts:129

The Heritage Open Day at the Cemex (Rugby Cement) plant was very educational and highly recommended. The views were spectacular. Attached are 3 photos, one towards Coventry, one looking over the quarry towards Bilton & the third towards Rugby
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
128 of 131  Sat 10th Sep 2016 8:34am  

Hi all Wave If you have not looked out of your window yet, please don't. It's wet. http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-rainradar#
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
129 of 131  Sun 11th Sep 2016 9:15am  

Hi all Wave Broadgate Clock (Telegraph)
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
130 of 131  Sun 11th Sep 2016 4:15pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:662

I had a rewarding day yesterday, even if I got very wet with sore booties. Didn't see everything I planned but then I never do. I started by popping into the town hall and had a long chat with Peter about his model. He's finished more of the city centre and it's looking very cool. Even exchanged a bit of techy talk, which is a rare treat - most people's eyes glaze over Lol Saw the excavated pits in the back of Gosford Street bookshop. Not wildly exciting but a tangible connection to the ordinary people of the past. Some of their finds were instructive to me about what original building materials looked like and what people were doing. The amount of pottery and other finds would have made a great Time Team. Good to see and photograph the cathedral without all the scaffolding that's been there every time I've visited. It remains to be seen how many photos haven't got rain spots on them.
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
131 of 131  Mon 12th Sep 2016 5:43pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:844

I didn't get round to many places over the weekend, but I did make a beeline to meet Peter in the Council House and view his 3D model of old Coventry - what a wonderful treat that was! The amount of work he's put in is mind blowing, and I really look forward to seeing how it develops over time (pun not intended!). Thumbs up

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 121 to 131 of 131 posts

Page 9 of 9

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Wheelwright Lane cottage
|

Next (newer) topic

Yielding family
View similar topics in the Local History and Heritage category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 120ms)