No actionNo action
1 post:
Order:    

Vtopian
Hertfordshire
All posts by this member
1 of 1  Tue 30th Jul 2013 8:32pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2011  Total posts:47

Having realised that at least one other forum member (bedlamcube7) recalls the Coventry Wargames Club, I thought I would start a topic to see if we can smoke out any other former gamers. To begin with, I should point out that the name 'Wargames' sometimes provokes strong reactions; in fact, the club suffered from negative impressions. Let's be clear - this particular club did have the traditional table-top games with painted miniatures; but there was also a strong board-gaming and role-playing games contingent. The club met on Friday nights at Sidney Stringer School. There was a large cupboard from which large green boards and boxes of hills, trees and farmhouses emerged. Tables and chairs were rearranged, and everyone gathered around whichever activity they favoured. Dice were rolled, counters moved, alliances formed, backs stabbed! The evenings were usually rounded off with a portion of chips and a robust discussion of what everybody should have done instead of what they actually did, and how history had been changed by what happened on the battlefield that evening! Happy, happy memories; good friends and interesting games - anyone else got any memories to share?
ManFromVtopia

Coventry Wargames Club

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 1 of 1 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

The King that moved to Coventry
|

Next (newer) topic

Airship over Coventry, 1929
View similar topics in the Sport, Music and Leisure category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 189ms)