Next pageLast page
50 posts:
Order:    

Donamilo
N/A
All posts by this member
1 of 50  Sun 1st Sep 2013 9:17pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2013  Total posts:3

Hi guys, I have seen a house for sale in Nutbrook Avenue CV4. I love the house... but the area seems to be a bit rundown... Anyone have any opinions on TIle Hill? Thanks
Coventry Suburbs and Beyond - Moving to Coventry
Donamilo
N/A
All posts by this member
2 of 50  Sun 1st Sep 2013 10:49pm  

hmmm. lol... Nutbrook Avenue looks decent. Although the house backs onto Tile Hill Wood. I am totally taken in by the house. And with a newborn baby I just want to make sure the lad can go on his bike or play footy and all that without hassle etc. Last thing I want is trouble from louts. Anyone else have any further input? I myself grew up in a terraced council house up north in Blyth.. It was a proper experience, but too much drug use, loutish behaviour forced me to move
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
3 of 50  Sun 1st Sep 2013 11:42pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:2234

You may hmmm lol, but it is true, with the exception of a few areas, if you're concerned that much with an area of where you buy your home, then look on police crime website of the area, it tells you of level of trouble crime etc in that area also insurance quotes will tell you what a CV code is like. When you chose an area to buy a house be it a good area the school your child will go to will have good and not so good area children in that school, as well as the area you chose to live, as children do travel to good areas from non-desirable areas to meet up with their friends they have made at school or out and about, as for drug use and loutish behaviour I've known this in good areas as well as non-desirable areas. It is all to do with walking away or chose your friends wisely . Big grin LINK
flapdoodle
Coventry
All posts by this member
4 of 50  Mon 2nd Sep 2013 12:27am  
Member: Joined Nov 2010  Total posts:844

This is what www.police.uk has to say about crime in the area in July 2013
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
5 of 50  Mon 2nd Sep 2013 8:07am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4816

On 1st Sep 2013 10:49pm, Donamilo said: I am totally taken in by the house. And with a newborn baby I just want to make sure the lad can go on his bike or play footy and all that without hassle etc.
A newborn baby who can ride a bike and play footy? Big grin Tile Hill is no better and no worse than any other area - some parts are run down, others, whilst not particularly affluent, are quite pleasant - and being on the edge of the city, the countryside is close by
AD
Allesley Park
All posts by this member
6 of 50  Mon 2nd Sep 2013 12:52pm  
Off-topic / chat  

Donamilo
N/A
All posts by this member
7 of 50  Tue 3rd Sep 2013 1:50pm  

Blinkin eck there is a big secondary school there too. Hmm. Litter, noise and mental traffic... I think I might pass on the house. Anyone here have experience of the school run in Nutbrook Avenue?
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
8 of 50  Tue 3rd Sep 2013 8:02pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3943

Hi all Wave I tell you one very big plus for Tile Hill, is the very frequent train service. I have found that very convenient, as the new 360 Coventry Circle bus route passes Tile Hill Station. Wave
AD
Allesley Park
All posts by this member
9 of 50  Wed 4th Sep 2013 4:56pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2011  Total posts:397

Although it shouldn't really make any difference, it is an all-girls school except the 6th form. I imagine most of the traffic would be focused on Tile Hill Lane, and I think all but one of the buses use the Tile Hill Lane entrance. It's been a few years since I was there so the traffic situation might have changed since then. I don't know if it'd be convenient for you, but you could always nip round during school opening/closing times to get some idea of how busy it is, or arrange a viewing around those times?
mvb12
London
All posts by this member
10 of 50  Thu 9th Jul 2015 12:19pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2015  Total posts:17

Good day All, This is my 1st post on this forum so please be kind. If this is in the wrong section, I'm sorry and I kindly request the forum admin to move to correct section. :-) Right - We (mum, dad and 2 kids) are looking to relocate to Coventry from London in 2016. We've been to Coventry a fair few times mainly "checking the area out" to get a feel for it. What we're trying to ascertain is what areas would people say are perfect for a family of 4? From our times in Coventry, we've pretty much ruled out north Coventry and favour more the south. We understand if you live and grow up in an area then your view of it would be different than someone like us coming on a weekend or in school holidays having a snoop but the only information we can gather is a few years old, so just looking for a fresh outlook on things. Not looking to start a "my area is better" debate, just some information as to why you feel your area is a nice place to live. The other thing we have noticed is that the city centre seems to be the only place to go for shopping and the Ricoh? Is there anywhere else that we may have missed? We have seen the main chain food supermarkets but does Coventry not have markets or small shopping mall elsewhere? Thanks again for taking the time to read my rambling and hopefully have some interesting feedback. Edited by member, 9th Jul 2015 1:49 pm
Norman Conquest
Allesley
All posts by this member
11 of 50  Thu 9th Jul 2015 1:19pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2014  Total posts:824

Areas with small shops?? Earlsdon, Jubilee Crescent, Jardine Crescent. There are several districts that have groups of small shops. The circular market in city centre is OK. I live in Allesley and on the whole it's quiet and reasonably civilised. Sadly the average age is dead. Very close to the A45 so handy to get to motorways. Birmingham is only just up the road, whether that is an asset I am not really sure. National Exhibition Centre 15 minutes away, sometimes decent shows. And that's about all that can be said about Allesley.
Just old and knackered

bohica
coventry
All posts by this member
12 of 50  Thu 9th Jul 2015 1:48pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2012  Total posts:222

I wouldn't rule out north Coventry, there are some sound areas with good shopping and house prices/rent are generally not as expensive as the south. I think Longford park is one of the biggest green areas in the city. Coombe country park is on the doorstep. And let's not forget Wyken Slough and the Sowe valley in general. There is ample shopping at Walsgrave triangle, or the Arena. But Bedworth and Nuneaton are not far away and they have a fair range of shops and markets. Coventry is a great and lively place to live, you won't be disappointed coming here.
mvb12
London
All posts by this member
13 of 50  Thu 9th Jul 2015 2:06pm  

Wyken - we did see some properties in Wyken that we liked but the route we take to Ricoh, A444 made us feel the north was not prioritised as much as the south. Allesley - very lovely, we were impressed with the offerings. We'll be up again in the next few weeks so most probably will take a trip to a few parks and will put the above ones on our list. Edited by member, 9th Jul 2015 7:38 pm
Annewiggy
Tamworth
All posts by this member
14 of 50  Thu 9th Jul 2015 2:11pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2013  Total posts:1133

Coundon is quite a nice area as well. Shops round Barkers Butts Lane, Radford Road, Holyhead Road and Morrisons etc on the Alvis Retail Park. You mention kids, are they going to go to a local school?
mvb12
London
All posts by this member
15 of 50  Thu 9th Jul 2015 2:18pm  

Oh yes I forgot to say, children are of primary school age 4 and 6. We have been looking at Ofsted reports but school catchment would be priority.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 15 of 50 posts

Page 1 of 4

1 2 3 4
Next pageLast page

Previous (older) topic

Guys Cliffe House
|

Next (newer) topic

Ernesford Grange
You are viewing topics in the Coventry Suburbs and Beyond category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 5th April 2018  (Load time: 135ms)