No actionNo action
41 posts:
Order:    

Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
31 of 41  Sat 20th Jul 2019 4:42pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3416

You tell em' Flapdoodle, a lot of people found a lot of enjoyment watching the moon landing why spoil it now. Roll eyes
Non-Coventry - Moon Landings - conspiracy or not?
Earlsdon Kid
Argyll & Bute, Scotland
All posts by this member
32 of 41  Sat 20th Jul 2019 5:23pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2017  Total posts:59

Parkes radio telescope in Australia also played a big part in communications along with Goonhilly in Cornwall. There seem to be so many possible participants around the world that would have provided 'leaks' if the landings had been faked. I tend to judge conspiracy theories by their complexity; the more complex they are, the more likely they will be debunked. This conspiracy theory is so complex it can't be taken seriously! However, if the Earth turns out to be flat and the moon itself a fake, I might reconsider!
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
33 of 41  Sun 21st Jul 2019 11:46am  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1511

After all the evidence over the last 50 years - and especially the recent, more thorough, previously unreleased footage - how could anyone possibly believe that we didn't land on the moon? All the daft conspiracy theories have long been debunked, like the so-called flag blowing in the wind, the angles of the shadows, etc., which all have perfect explanations, which I'm happy to explain or find footage of. And then there's the wonderful footage of the hammer and feather being dropped in the vacuum of space. As someone has pointed out, the timing under the moon's one-sixth gravity is spot on, and would've looked different if done here on earth in a vacuum chamber. And no, it would not have looked realistic by just slowing down the video, for several reasons. For the same reason, nobody has ever managed to fake any footage of the way the astronauts "skipped" around on the surface - there's nowhere on earth that's possible to recreate that strange movement. There's also this page of more recent photos taken by craft orbiting the moon, clearly showing the items left behind 50 years ago. And I just found this lovely little video made by a film-maker, telling us how there was no way, back in 1969, to fake the TV footage shown around the world at that time. But by simply watching the recent BBC2 programme 8 Days to the Moon and Back, among others, you can just tell.... all that footage looking back at the earth, the emotion on the faces, the Russians congratulating them, the thousands of people around the world who must have been "in on it", everything.... it's just real, it really is!
NeilsYard
Coventry
All posts by this member
34 of 41  Mon 22nd Jul 2019 11:55am  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:2508

My mum couldn't tell you - she was too busy having me! I was due on the day we landed apparently but typically late - and no I was not named after Armstrong! Mum says she had that name in mind for ages. Big grin Edited by member, 22nd Jul 2019 11:55 am
Old Lincolnian
Coventry
All posts by this member
35 of 41  Mon 22nd Jul 2019 3:09pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2012  Total posts:509

As Benjamin Franklin said "Three can keep a secret, but only if two of them are dead" Big grin
Derrickarthur
Coventry
All posts by this member
36 of 41  Mon 22nd Jul 2019 11:08pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2014  Total posts:168

Definite proof.
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
37 of 41  Tue 23rd Jul 2019 9:58am  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1511

Love it, sheer class! Lol
zigzag
cornwall
All posts by this member
38 of 41  Tue 23rd Jul 2019 10:02am  
Member: Joined Dec 2013  Total posts:114

I have always been, and always will be, 100% convinced man landed on the moon. The luny (pun intended) conspiracy brigade have had their theories disproved so many times.
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
39 of 41  Tue 23rd Jul 2019 10:58am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3325

If you watched the landings at the time, the thrill, the fear, real hand gripping stuff, you just couldn't drink a cup of tea in case you missed something of their triumph. A great tribute J F Kennedy who had been shot six years earlier.
zigzag
cornwall
All posts by this member
40 of 41  Tue 23rd Jul 2019 3:13pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2013  Total posts:114

It makes me wonder, why people are so keen to try and undermine man’s greatest achievement.
Slim
Another Coventry kid
All posts by this member
41 of 41  Thu 25th Jul 2019 9:06am  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:592

Sadly, there are many people, who, instead of doing something positive about their own lives, seek solace in bringing people down, i.e. being negative about others. Maybe it's a legacy from the year dot, when we were always at war, and it was imperative to wup the enemy.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 31 to 41 of 41 posts

Page 3 of 3

1 2 3
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Notre Dame
|

Next (newer) topic

Today! (General Non-Coventry Current Issues)
You are viewing topics in the Non-Coventry category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5

Website & counter by Rob Orland © 2020

Load time: 501ms