No actionNo action
288 posts:
Order:    

Roger T
Torksey
All posts by this member
286 of 288  Wed 14th Oct 2020 10:14pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2019  Total posts:549

Not quite rambling, but we did do some when we got there. A glorious Sunday a couple of weeks ago my friend’s daughter who lives in Cornwall asked us to meet midway and lunch at the Red Lion in Long Compton. So off we set from Torksey, made our way via A46, M69 and Warwick By Pass through Wellesbourne and Shipston and a lovely run into the Cotswolds. My friend’s daughter could not have selected a more perfect venue as my parents had lived for a number of years in that village and although I married in Scotland the banns had been read in Long Compton. Anyway, we were early so I showed my friend the old homestead, saw a lady in the garden, stopped and introduced ourselves. Turned out she was the person who had originally bought the property from my parents - great conversation and a lovely memory. Lunch at the Red Lion was excellent as was the beer - local brew - and afterwards, up the hill behind Long Compton to find the Rollright Stones and so the ramble around them, but also the opportunity to view the wonderful landscapes from there. Reflections on the way back after such a lovely day - leafy Warwickshire lives up to its name, and those beautiful, dreamy honey coloured Cotswold villages, some thatched roofs. My friend who is from Scotland (and stays in beautiful Tayside) and I loved the physical and the atmosphere. A lovely day rambling in Warwickshire near Coventry and my roots. Cheers
Rambling, farther afield from Coventry
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
287 of 288  Thu 15th Oct 2020 9:18am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3557

Sounds perfect, Roger. May you always 'ramble on', if you get my drift. Wave
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
288 of 288  Thu 15th Oct 2020 10:41am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3752

Yes Roger, what a great day for you, and now a pleasant memory you have forever.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 286 to 288 of 288 posts

Page 20 of 20

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 16 17 18 19 20
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Holy Trinity Church and Bell Tower
|

Next (newer) topic

Have a laugh!