No actionNo action
94 posts:
Order:    

MisterD-Di
Sutton Coldfield
All posts by this member
91 of 94  Sun 17th Nov 2019 8:23pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2011  Total posts:890

By coincidence I have just finished the latest Lee Child book as well - Blue Moon. The best one for a while in my view, and I've read them all. Lee Child was indeed born in Coventry, his real name is Jim Grant. He moved to Birmingham when young and sadly supports the V*lla. He worked in TV for many years and started writing when made redundant, before moving to America. I met Lee Child a few years ago at a book event at Birmingham Library Theatre and he is a really nice chap. He related his story of early years right through to when the first Jack Reacher film was made. He wasn't overly impressed with the casting of the diminutive Tom Cruise but explained that with A-list film stars, you get what you get and have no say in it. He is a tall, imposing man and has made a cameo appearance in both films. When I had a chat with him I did express disappointment about him not being a City fan, but it seems he was pointed towards his lot as a child, poor sod. Blush
Favourite Books
argon
New Milton
All posts by this member
92 of 94  Wed 17th Jun 2020 4:34pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2016  Total posts:366

A friend, also ex Coventrian, loaned me a library book that cannot be returned yet due to the emergency library closure at this time. I am glad that he did, I found it a very good description of military life during the Napoleonic wars. 14 indivdual soldiers of both sides accounts of their experiences, very descriptive. The book is Voices from the Napoleonic Wars, edited by John E Lewis. I have seen it on Amazon for £9 Edited by member, 17th Jun 2020 4:36 pm
Favourite Books
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
93 of 94  Wed 17th Jun 2020 4:59pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3744

Argon, I have about twenty library books in my possession, unable to return, one Living in the Napoleon wars.
Favourite Books
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
94 of 94  Thu 18th Jun 2020 9:31am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3744

Argon, Not Hardy’s - Trumpet Major the Dynasts then.
Favourite Books

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 91 to 94 of 94 posts

Page 7 of 7

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Courthouse Green
|

Next (newer) topic

Coventry Ambulances