Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action
5 posts:
Order:    

GVB

All posts by this member
1 of 5  Tue 15th Oct 2013 6:15pm  
Total posts:109

Hi people, I wonder if anyone has pictures of the two hump back bridges that used to be on Clifford Bridge Road? I was telling my daughters about them and would like to show them if possible. Thanks in advance Thumbs up
Clifford Bridge Road
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
2 of 5  Tue 15th Oct 2013 6:31pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4922

I'd like to see them too! I recall that if you went really too fast along there you could take off from one and land on the other Oh my
Clifford Bridge Road
GVB

All posts by this member
3 of 5  Tue 15th Oct 2013 6:58pm  
Total posts:109

I travelled along there on a motorcycle 40 years ago and my passenger was holding a scythe as I was taking him to a gardening job. I thought afterwards if we had come off we would have been chopped to bits. You do silly things when you are young though.
Clifford Bridge Road
NormK
bulkington
All posts by this member
4 of 5  Tue 15th Oct 2013 7:02pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2012  Total posts:854

I have bad memories of Clifford Bridge. I rolled my lovely A70 Hereford over down there one night on the bends. I had been to a 21st party in Barnacle and I fell asleep Sad Later in years I was on hire tearing the hedgerows out and when I reached the houses some of the women sat down in front of my machine, because they were concerned the kids would run out onto the road, so we had to chainlink fence the back before we could continue... Thumbs up That was the start of how the road looks now.. Thumbs up  Edited by member, 16th Oct 2013 8:25 am
Milly rules

Clifford Bridge Road
gangan
Stockton, Southam
All posts by this member
5 of 5  Sat 19th Oct 2013 7:41pm  
Member: Joined May 2012  Total posts:126

My uncle, Michael Medlock, was a test driver for Hillman and managed to rip the sump off a preproduction Imp by taking the bridges a bit too fast. Also, as I have said before, the rubble from the demolition of the Forum cinema was used to alter the course of the river when the bridges were removed
Clifford Bridge Road

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

High Street - beehive and banking
|

Next (newer) topic

The Hunt Ball
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category