No actionNo action
17 posts:
Order:    

flapdoodle
Coventry
All posts by this member
16 of 17  Thu 19th Dec 2013 7:33am  
Member: Joined Nov 2010  Total posts:841

To be fair, the pub on Hales Street was supposed to be replaced by a new building, but it fell through due to the lack of demand for housing in the centre of the city (Coventry just isn't lively enough for city centre living). The last thing I heard they were trying to get student flats (Surprise surprise!) built there. That 'square' outside the car museum is pretty ghastly... A big empty space with those pointless arches and assorted clutter in it, and the 'phoenix' initiative, that was to incorporate the canal basin and the space between Trinity and Burges has stalled. The area was much better before - it should have been renovated, not all destroyed for a gimmicky development that hasn't worked. I disagree about junction 6, it goes some way to repair the considerable damage the ring road has done to the city. Even the changes made to made to remove all the subways make the link between and city centre and station better.
Knocking down historic Coventry
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
17 of 17  Mon 13th Mar 2017 12:14pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:865

On 20th Nov 2013 2:56pm, Annewiggy said: Can anyone identify either of these 2 buildings for me. I am sure someone will know what the large building is but the half timbered one might be a bit more difficult.
Ok, I've worked out the location of the half timbered building. It's the north side of Gosford Street, just east of the Royal Oak on the south. I'll give more details on the Gosford Street thread. The left side is the back of the buildings, the right is the side.
Knocking down historic Coventry

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 17 of 17 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Canley Car Deliveries
|

Next (newer) topic

St Nicholas Church, Radford
View similar topics in the Local History and Heritage category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 67ms)