No actionNo action
399 posts:
Order:    

Old Lincolnian
Coventry
All posts by this member
391 of 399  Fri 6th Jan 2017 10:04am  
Member: Joined Sep 2012  Total posts:433

More of an indication of the state of Journalism (or the irresponsibility of it) today Peter. In addition to the size of the survey, the "article" talks about "perceived threats" which to a degree are due to articles like this. I'm sure we all know people who are constantly saying how dangerous certain areas of Coventry are and when you ask them if they ever go there or seen any problems, they tell you they've not been there for years as it's too dangerous! I seem to spend half my time trying to convince people that you can go out in Coventry and return home without being a victim of crime.
Sorry state
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
392 of 399  Sat 14th Jan 2017 12:59pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3842

Hi all Wave Hardly an hour goes by without some damning report regards our NHS. Two Coventry GP surgeries are in "special measures", as well as constant issues regards our main hospital, the uncertain future of nearby hospitals like the George Eliot in Nuneaton. I am so grateful for our NHS, so much so, that I was an objector to having free company medical cover. This was on my Facebook page this morning. Sad
Sorry state
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
393 of 399  Sun 15th Jan 2017 7:49pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:686

If you thought your services were already stretched, London councils are going to start sending you more people. Grrrrrr Hands up who thinks that they won't return the favour.
Sorry state
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
394 of 399  Sat 21st Jan 2017 12:51pm  

Hi all, Hi Helen Wave The pattern of crime stats over the last twenty years here in the West Midlands gives the answer to that, but for me to say any more may breach civil "free speech" tolerence regulations. What is fact, which all adds to the issue, is that the West Midlands receives the lowest level of social investment per head of population of any metropolitan area & lower than that of Northern Ireland, Wales & Scotland. The handouts dished out by Whitehall always ensure that London takes the lion's share of all, by a huge margin.
Sorry state
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
395 of 399  Thu 30th Mar 2017 8:02am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4202

Allotment sheds burnt down Angry
Sorry state
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
396 of 399  Thu 30th Mar 2017 9:01am  

Hi all & yes very sad MR. Sad There is so little deterrent against such crime. Often, if it's youngsters involved, when those responsible are identified, mitigating circumstances are given such as that they are disadvantaged, along with all of the other lists of excuses. Mrs. Thatcher tried to introduce a "parents responsibility bill" in parliament, which would have made parents, absent or otherwise, financially responsible for their children's conduct, but the opposition threw it out. Sad
Sorry state
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
397 of 399  Fri 31st Mar 2017 10:08pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:151

When I had an allotment I never had my shed burnt down, but it was repeatedly broken into. It seemed like every week the chain on the gate was cut and someone had broken into the shed (breaking the glass, pulling the door off its hinges, etc.). It really is disheartening, I don't think they realise the amount of work people put into these allotments. But you do see the good in people as well (people trying to fix your gate and trying to repair things).
Sorry state
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
398 of 399  Mon 12th Jun 2017 7:55pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4202

Stab victim dies in hospital - report
Sorry state
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
399 of 399  Tue 13th Jun 2017 2:30pm  

Hi all, Gun & ammo at Nuneaton school. As if that isn't bad enough, Arsonists in Nuneaton fire spree.
Sorry state

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 391 to 399 of 399 posts

Page 27 of 27

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .. 23 24 25 26 27
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Dirty Stop Outs from the 1970s!
|

Next (newer) topic

Railways around Coventry
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 56ms)