No actionNo action
435 posts:
Order:    

MisterD-Di
Sutton Coldfield
All posts by this member
421 of 435  Tue 24th Oct 2017 5:46pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2011  Total posts:878

No matter how poor the Britannia hotels may be, they would be made to look like the Savoy by the place that shames the city. Step forward the Hylands Hotel on Warwick Road. The Trip Advisor reviews are so bad they are hilarious. It would appear to be a cross between a tip, a doss house and a drug den. Oh my Let's hope the City of Culture judges didn't stay at the Hylands. Although apparently they would find plenty of cultures in the bathrooms. Lol
Sorry state
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
422 of 435  Tue 24th Oct 2017 8:49pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3838

Hi all Wave And so it goes on.
Sorry state
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
423 of 435  Tue 24th Oct 2017 9:54pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4549

On 24th Oct 2017 5:46pm, MisterD-Di said: No matter how poor the Britannia hotels may be, they would be made to look like the Savoy by the place that shames the city. Step forward the Hylands Hotel on Warwick Road. The Trip Advisor reviews are so bad they are hilarious. It would appear to be a cross between a tip, a doss house and a drug den. Oh my
I find a large number of Trip Advisor reviews are indeed hilarious - so much so that it's difficult to take the site too seriously. Some "reviewers" seem to almost make a career out of posting on Trip Advisor, whether it's a hotel, well-known restaurant chain, or the local chippy or Indian takeaway! It becomes interesting where the establishment responds to a long, rambling complaint in sufficient detail to suggest the review was not an accurate representation of the facts. I have read where a hotel manager in Glasgow accused a reviewer of "verbal abuse" since the adverse review included the manager's name. The manager was able to offer answers to all of the points raised, which made something of a mockery of the complainant's review. On the reverse side, there was a case of a hotel in Eastbourne where the owner was found to have posted a number glowing reviews of his own establishment. So, it's difficult on the face of it to take some of these reviews too seriously. Personal recommendations (or warnings) from family, friends or acquaintances seem much more preferable.
Sorry state
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
424 of 435  Thu 2nd Nov 2017 12:26pm  

TripAdvisor in the news again Lol Oh my
Sorry state
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
425 of 435  Tue 7th Nov 2017 7:28pm  

School in lockdown - intruders with weapons Angry
Sorry state
Wearethemods
Aberdeenshire
All posts by this member
426 of 435  Wed 15th Nov 2017 8:03pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2013  Total posts:328

Y'know, I've just read Kaga's post of bygone days with coconuts and toffee apples which make me smile, and then I go to the next one and I come up to date, 21st Century with topics such as 'Sorry State', 'Coventry City FC' & 'Speedway'. I despair sometimes! Sad
Sorry state
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
427 of 435  Wed 15th Nov 2017 8:24pm  

Have to agree - and there's far more important subjects than football and speedway which are a concern today I grew up at a time when men were men and women were women Somehow this seems to no longer apply - I honestly can't get my head round it all I dread to think what lies ahead for our grandchildren Days may have been harder in the past but I think I'd like to turn the clock back a bit
Sorry state
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
428 of 435  Thu 16th Nov 2017 2:09pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2866

You and me both MR, but I have to bring to notice your comments - 'when men were men and women were women'. It's a shame the same can't be said today for obvious reasons. Without getting into that subject too deeply, I hate to think what it will be like in 50 yrs. time. Roll eyes We won't be able to tell one from the other!
Sorry state
flapdoodle
Coventry
All posts by this member
429 of 435  Sat 18th Nov 2017 7:33pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2010  Total posts:829

On 15th Nov 2017 8:24pm, Midland Red said: Have to agree - and there's far more important subjects than football and speedway which are a concern today I grew up at a time when men were men and women were women Somehow this seems to no longer apply - I honestly can't get my head round it all I dread to think what lies ahead for our grandchildren Days may have been harder in the past but I think I'd like to turn the clock back a bit
No, you grew up during a time when people who were 'different' were imprisoned or treated poorly by society which was bigoted, sexisty and racist and people had to live their lives in secret. I wouldn't want the clock turned back at all. The only thing that worries me about what my young children is what your generation has inflicted on the UK.
Sorry state
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
430 of 435  Sun 19th Nov 2017 2:35am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2866

Well I'm not sitting in the 'Naughty Corner' for anybody Angry
Sorry state
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
431 of 435  Sun 19th Nov 2017 6:31am  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:994

Flap, your comments show that you are from the 'me, me, me' generation.
Sorry state
JohnnieWalker
Canberra, Australia
All posts by this member
432 of 435  Sun 19th Nov 2017 7:14am  
Member: Joined Jul 2011  Total posts:212

Flap - like me - might well have been born of the "me, me, me" generation, but by the looks of his words, he - like me - would not be entirely proud of the legacies we are leaving. We've addressed problems like prejudice, including women's rights (maybe not a total fait accompli yet), but we've stood by as the multinationals have taken over with no regard whatsoever for the future of our planet, its inhabitants, or in particular, our species. Dreamtime - stay out of that naughty corner! We shouldn't be seen together!!
True Blue Coventry Kid

Sorry state
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
433 of 435  Sun 19th Nov 2017 8:01am  

On 18th Nov 2017 7:33pm, flapdoodle said: The only thing that worries me about what my young children is what your generation has inflicted on the UK.
Flap - what exactly do you call "my generation"? And what has it inflicted on the UK? And when did it do that?

Question

Sorry state
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
434 of 435  Sun 19th Nov 2017 10:01am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1811

Yes Flap, but you never saw knife stabbings, and mugging,and young girls using such bad language on Coventry streets. Each generation has its guilty trends, that seem to appear from nowhere. Which generation used chemicals on the land and robbed it of its richness for years to come. Who creates wars. I hate the television teaching the youth so much badness when they could teach so much goodness. Never in my life was I abused, so it's what you meet in life that sways your emotions and memories. Never in my life was I ever stopped from walking across this pleasant land until the 90's and foot and mouth stopped me, but soldiers' lorries went across our land during the war during foot and mouth and farmers used common sense. No, each generation has its faults, but England was England and now it's like the USA and will have more problems than it ever had for some years to come.
Sorry state
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
435 of 435  Tue 21st Nov 2017 4:37pm  

Man dies after being hit by train Sad [Telegraph excel themselves by including a photo of the late, lamented, Coundon Road signal box] Roll eyes
Sorry state

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 421 to 435 of 435 posts

Page 29 of 29

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 26 27 28 29
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Coventry's cinemas
|

Next (newer) topic

Obituaries
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 53ms)