No actionNo action
48 posts:
Order:    

LongfordLad
Toronto
All posts by this member
46 of 48  Thu 18th Feb 2016 11:30pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2012  Total posts:196

I suspect that - for some - this thread ran its course, by which I mean that some people thought it a great idea to kill this discussion. Well, you did, and you know who you are.... Edited by member, 18th Feb 2016 11:32 pm
Coventry Jazz Clubs
Mike H
London Ontario, Canada
All posts by this member
47 of 48  Fri 19th Feb 2016 10:33am  
Member: Joined Apr 2012  Total posts:454

It wasn't me, Officer. Happy
Coventry Jazz Clubs
LongfordLad
Toronto
All posts by this member
48 of 48  Fri 19th Feb 2016 7:48pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2012  Total posts:196

No, it wasn`t you Mike. However, I might include myself among the assassins. I should have realized that the age spread between me at eighteen and most of the leading performer lights (or even the serious fans) on the Coventry jazz scene at the time could not possibly have narrowed over the years. The gap then was ten to twenty years. It came as a pleasant surprise to learn that there were folks still around who played back then; indeed, who still were playing. The problem from the outset was the direction I determined for the thread, a day-by-day (Monday through Sunday) reconstruction of the places jazz was played in Coventry. I believe I started well with words on the Tierra Buena Jazz Band, a band that played every Monday evening at the Pilot in Radford, but it was downhill all the way from there as I knew I had no idea what bands played where Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I fell into my jazz journalism pattern, fighting internecine battles within the music, battles that had been won or lost many years earlier, battles that were no longer of moment. So it fell apart, as I twisted in my misery, a misery out of which nobody would put me. So, no, Mike, you did not put me out of my misery, but I would have thought less of you had you bothered to do so, mon ami!
Coventry Jazz Clubs

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 46 to 48 of 48 posts

Page 4 of 4

1 2 3 4
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Rolls-Royce, Ansty
|

Next (newer) topic

Deeley Group - Air Raid Shelters
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 232ms)