No actionNo action
102 posts:
Order:    

Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
91 of 102  Sat 23rd Jan 2016 9:51pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:186

Hi NeilsYard, From memory:- From the main entrance if you go along the promenade until you reach the first path going off to the right (into a dip), bear to the left and then it should be somewhere around there on the left hand side (about 50 yards along(?)). It's a little set back from the edge of the path.
Local History and Heritage - London Road Cemetery
NeilsYard
Coventry
All posts by this member
92 of 102  Sun 24th Jan 2016 3:32am  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:1815

Thanks for the replies, gents. Derek - I'll be in touch Thumbs up
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
93 of 102  Sun 24th Jan 2016 3:45pm  

The designer of London Road Cemetery's (Joseph Paxton) work in cultivating Cavendish banana plants mentioned in one of today's news articles - see BBC News Link.
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
94 of 102  Sun 28th Feb 2016 10:08pm  

Another photograph of James Murray's Grave.
Tony1
Coventry
All posts by this member
95 of 102  Thu 7th Apr 2016 4:02pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2012  Total posts:56

On 21st Aug 2015 9:11pm, Robthu said: Tony. No problem glad to be of service. It was nice to meet you in the Cemetery. Regards Derek
Can I give a big thanks to Derek for his help and guidance in helping me to find my ancestors' graves in the London Road Cemetery. I have used his skills to cover two other cemeteries and now I can say I have achieved in finding my ancestors' graves back to the mid 1850s. I would advise anyone starting to do Family History to spend some moments looking at family grave headstones. You will be surprised what you may find, I have found uncles and aunties I did not know I had. Good on you Derek Thumbs up
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
96 of 102  Thu 21st Apr 2016 9:06pm  

The three engravings on the sides of James Murray's memorial:
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
97 of 102  Sun 11th Sep 2016 7:05pm  

Inside the Anglican Chapel (London Road Cemetery) - built in 1847:
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
98 of 102  Tue 18th Oct 2016 6:33pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5009

£1m makeover planned Thumbs up
NeilsYard
Coventry
All posts by this member
99 of 102  Tue 18th Oct 2016 9:16pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:1815

That's great news Cliff
Robthu
Coventry
All posts by this member
100 of 102  Tue 8th Nov 2016 7:47pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2012  Total posts:88

As you might know, Coventry City Council has secured a development grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) and Big Lottery to help create plans for the £2million restoration and improvement of LRC. We want to hear your views on the Cemetery and the link below will allow us to capture your views. Please tell us; how you use the cemetery, how you would improve it and what you would like done to protect it in the future. I would like to ask that all Friends of LRC and volunteers complete and submit the online version of the questionnaire at their earliest convenience and by Friday 25th November 2016. Please feel free to re-circulate this link to any other interested parties. We would like to generate as much interest and gather as many views as possible – the information you provide is treated in confidence: http://bit.ly/londonroadcem We have also developed a hard copy questionnaire which was sent to 1,000 households in the immediate vicinity of the cemetery – a copy of the letter which accompanied these is attached. Please note that you may receive a copy of this online questionnaire via another group you have registered your email address with, but we wanted to Friends of LRC to see it before wider circulation. Below is a link to a webpage that has been developed by Coventry City Council to highlight the restoration project - we can use this to feature the project and its progress, which will include the results of the online survey as they become available. There is the potential to add more detail about the project and the proposals as it develops, in the form of bid documents as downloads, once they are in the public domain. http://www.coventry.gov.uk/lrc It contains a link to your website and some fantastic images of the area in the Flickr gallery. It is live at the moment but hasn’t been promoted until the included survey goes live. Thank you and we look forward to receiving your comments. Rachel Baker Project Manager Project Delivery Team Coventry City Council Tel: 024 7683 1234 Mob: 07739 624601 www.coventry.gov.uk
mamajulescov
Chapelfields
All posts by this member
101 of 102  Sun 29th Jan 2017 4:16pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2017  Total posts:1

My name is Julia and I am a textile artist from Coventry and currently working on some creative research about the London Road Cemetery along with a local playwright. We've been particularly interested in the story of the Beech Tree move and I just want to thank you all for taking the time and trouble to research the story of the tree here. We have a sharing of our research so far on Weds 1st Feb at the Shop Front Theatre, City Arcade, at 7.30pm. So do pop down if you want to find out what we're up to. Its £2 entry and free tea and coffee. Regardless of the event, I look forward to exploring this site further. Thanks again Julia x
Julia O

Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
102 of 102  Sun 11th Feb 2018 4:20pm  

The Anglican chapel today.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 91 to 102 of 102 posts