Next pageNo action
24 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 24  Wed 2nd Apr 2014 7:21pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3945

Hi all Wave An item of news today has highlighted the problems associated with loneliness. We do hope that our forum, does at least give everyone who is associated with Coventry at least a sense of belonging, not just to Coventry, but to our forum. We do not have any strict requirements as to where you were born or lived, or live now. We do have our Non-Coventry section for our members to use for non-Coventry discussion topics. So, if you have a link with our city, please do not feel lonely. Please pick up your tablet or keyboard & tell us about your memories or feelings. Being a family friendly site, the only thing that we do ask, is that respect & courtesy is shown at all times. Please have a look at the forum information section for hints, tips & guidance notes about using the forum, which is always at the top of the first page. Please don't be lonely. If you are a carer for a frail family member who has any association with Coventry, you may be surprised at the joy that they may experience in reading something from here, particularly if they then ask you to share something on their behalf, or ask you to show them how your laptop works & then won't let you have it back. There are a lot of nasty's out there in the big world, but we hope that you will never find any of them, for coming onto our forum. Once you come on, it becomes your forum, club room, lounge, library, coffee morning, or even like sharing over the garden fence when you are hanging out onto the washing line. Whatever, please don't be lonely. Wave
Information - Loneliness
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
2 of 24  Wed 2nd Apr 2014 9:54pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:923

I can say from personal experience that this site has helped Smile
Information - Loneliness
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
3 of 24  Thu 3rd Apr 2014 4:06am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2984

Good for you Helen. What a great thread Philip, as always thinking of others. I am sure behind the scenes there are a great number of other fellow members who have found Rob's HCF a great comfort and made many friends along the way. Long may the forum reign. Thumbs up Wave Thumbs up Wave Thumbs up
Information - Loneliness
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
4 of 24  Thu 3rd Apr 2014 1:21pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1555

Our Forum Next time that you're feeling downhearted Next time that your world's full of gloom Next time you need a shoulder to lean on But there's no-one else in the room Just fire-up your trusty old laptop And head over to our forum posthaste With a mug of hot coffee in one hand You've simply got no time to waste We can't guarantee you'll not find an argument But mostly we're a friendly old crowd You can vent your frustration or passion Just keep it clean, no swearing allowed! Scroll through all the posts at your leisure Ponder as you look down the threads Join in those that attract your attention Why not help put a few topics to bed? You shouldn't stay away for too long Please return, if only once in a while We'll help put a spring back in your step And your face return to a smile +++
Information - Loneliness
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
5 of 24  Thu 3rd Apr 2014 1:45pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2984

Tony, you have it in one. How can we follow that!! Thumbs up If I may quote a fellow member - brill! Thumbs up
Information - Loneliness
Foxcote
Warwick
All posts by this member
6 of 24  Thu 3rd Apr 2014 4:23pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2012  Total posts:918

Thanks Tony, that was super! I agree with Dreamtime. Brill Cheers
Information - Loneliness
woodford
coventry
All posts by this member
7 of 24  Thu 3rd Apr 2014 7:06pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2013  Total posts:172

Oh Philip, you are such a caring person Smile
Information - Loneliness
woodford
coventry
All posts by this member
8 of 24  Thu 3rd Apr 2014 7:09pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2013  Total posts:172

Tony, your poem is great. Big grin
Information - Loneliness
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 24  Fri 4th Apr 2014 8:31am  

Hi all Wave Wave I am thrilled with the responses to this thread about loneliness. Private emails received too. Thank you all, very much. Happy
Information - Loneliness
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
10 of 24  Fri 4th Apr 2014 12:37pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:1004

Thanks for this thread. The loneliest part of my life was during my 11 years of marriage. That finished more than 30 years ago. Since then I've been able to have caring friendships without the suspicions of a partner. Don't get me wrong! When a relationship works it is beautiful to behold - and I've seen many. I suppose in a way I was so hurt by the failure of mine that I have never had the courage to try again.
Information - Loneliness
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
11 of 24  Fri 4th Apr 2014 3:50pm  

Hi & thank you, Pixrobin for your courage to share that. Wave You are at least amongst friends on here. Wave
Information - Loneliness
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
12 of 24  Fri 4th Apr 2014 4:18pm  

On 3rd Apr 2014 7:06pm, woodford said: Oh Philip, you are such a caring person Smile
Thank you so much for that, Woodford. Blush My one regret in life is that I have not always shown kindness when needed. Our forum here gives us all an opportunity of sharing our Coventry memories & so on, just as though we were sat in the same room.
Information - Loneliness
Tricia
Bedworth
All posts by this member
13 of 24  Fri 4th Apr 2014 5:45pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2011  Total posts:541

Thank you Phil for this topic, it shows what a caring person you are. Thumbs up Tony what a fantastic poem, so very true, I'm sure many members will identify with it. Wave
Information - Loneliness
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
14 of 24  Fri 4th Apr 2014 5:59pm  
Off-topic / chat  

artful
lancashire
All posts by this member
15 of 24  Fri 4th Apr 2014 8:34pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2011  Total posts:140

Excellent post Philip - well done - and Tony with a magical poem that sums up the Forum ideally.
Information - Loneliness

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 15 of 24 posts

Page 1 of 2

1 2
Next pageNo action

Previous (older) topic

Residential areas of Coventry
|

Next (newer) topic

Copyright
You are viewing topics in the Information category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 5th April 2018  (Load time: 161ms)