No actionNo action
24 posts:
Order:    

Old Lincolnian
Coventry
All posts by this member
16 of 24  Mon 7th Apr 2014 11:06am  
Member: Joined Sep 2012  Total posts:497

Well said Philip, and lovely words from TonyS. Loneliness is one of the blights of modern life and in some respects the internet doesn’t help. However to echo TonyS’s words, I had a friend with a progressive illness who used to read anything and everything. As time went on his eyesight worsened and so once a week I would visit and read to him. He had a large collection of ebooks so I was always looking for different things to read and used to take my laptop and read the posts from this forum. One of the reasons he enjoyed them so much was he could often relate to the places and times talked about and it would fire off his own memories. Although he has since passed away I am certain that this site gave him great pleasure and drastically improved his quality of live Thumbs up
Loneliness
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
17 of 24  Mon 7th Apr 2014 11:41am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1568

The fact that your friend enjoyed our forum in some way means a lot. Thank you for posting.
Loneliness
Old Lincolnian
18 of 24  Mon 7th Apr 2014 4:20pm  
Off-topic / chat  

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
19 of 24  Fri 20th Feb 2015 7:50pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4112

Hi all Wave My Pam has gone out with a group of lady friends this evening. I tell you what, I am tasting a hint of what it is like to be alone. She will be back by ten, so why all of the fuss? I don't know. Gosh, I have no idea how any of you that live alone, cope with it. Best wishes to you all that do have too.
Loneliness
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
20 of 24  Sat 21st Feb 2015 11:53am  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:2215

I hope you are happy this morning Philip now Pam has returned, where would you be with out her.
Loneliness
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
21 of 24  Sat 21st Feb 2015 12:02pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5121

On a bus, or a train, and eating a bacon barm, or fish 'n' chips Wink Big grin
Loneliness
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
22 of 24  Sat 21st Feb 2015 12:09pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5121

Actually, I shouldn't joke about loneliness, as it has caused panic attacks when I've been on my own from time to time Sad
Loneliness
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
23 of 24  Sat 21st Feb 2015 4:24pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:2529

True Coventry spirit from everyone, this is what brings this forum together, an excellent poem from Tony S and full support from all, and from which we all gain.
Loneliness
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
24 of 24  Sat 21st Feb 2015 5:17pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3207

Thank you all for raising this thread again, it urged me to go back and read Tony's verses again. I am fortunate not to be in a state of 'loneliness' due to my close friends and of course family. I truly believe many of you have found comfort in being members of this forum and hope you stick with us and are able to leave your loneliness behind. From bacon butties to historical houses, how diverse this forum can be, continue to enjoy everyone. Wave
Loneliness

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 24 of 24 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

My mate Matt
|

Next (newer) topic

King George VI visit 16th November 1940