Topic categories:

Coventry City FC (Sky Blues)

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 976 to 989 of 989 posts

Page 66 of 66

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 .... 40 .... 45 .... 50 .... 55 .... 60 . 62 63 64 65 66
No actionNo action
989 posts:
Order:    

Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
976 of 989  Tue 20th Feb 2018 6:44pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4895

"Coventry City: MPs to hold debate on League Two club's future at the Ricoh Arena" - report
AD
Allesley Park
All posts by this member
977 of 989  Thu 1st Mar 2018 8:11pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2011  Total posts:401

Latest accounts released - link Mediator appointed in Ricoh sale row - link Still can't understand how this is even going again. When it started SISU/Otium etc were arguing that the price being asked by CCC was too high as the stadium was 'worthless'. Now they're arguing it was sold for undervalue despite the fact Wasps paid a higher price than SISU originally offered (and then reneged on). So you can dismiss their claim based solely on their own original argument.
MisterD-Di
Sutton Coldfield
All posts by this member
978 of 989  Sun 27th May 2018 6:51pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2011  Total posts:883

It's great to see that there will be over 35000 City supporters travelling to Wembley tomorrow to see us play Exeter City in the League 2 play-off final. Let's hope this could be the start of the club's revival after so many years in the doldrums. Whatever the result, I'm sure we will have a great day out. We are travelling on one of the Former Players' Association coaches so I'm anticipating plenty of memories and nostalgia. Cheers
NeilsYard
Coventry
All posts by this member
979 of 989  Sun 27th May 2018 9:55pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:1760

Fingers crossed MrD although I can't quite get as excited knowing it's still basically a fight to get out of Division 4! That and the fact the could not even beat Forest Green Rovers this year?! Hope so anyway - PUSB!
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
980 of 989  Mon 28th May 2018 4:26pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3966

Is it a "Yabadabadoo"!
dave owens
california usa
All posts by this member
981 of 989  Mon 28th May 2018 4:56pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:44

Congratulations Sky Blues on your win at Wembley 👏👏👏👏👏👏
Wimero
Nr Rugby
All posts by this member
982 of 989  Mon 28th May 2018 5:25pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2015  Total posts:148

I'm not a Coventry City fan or a great lover of soccer generally (much prefer rugby) but I'm really pleased for the Sky Blues supporters who have at long last got something to cheer about. They've not had the happiest few years and hopefully better times are ahead Cheers
dave owens
california usa
All posts by this member
983 of 989  Mon 28th May 2018 6:39pm  

On 1st Mar 2018 8:11pm, AD said: Latest accounts released - link Mediator appointed in Ricoh sale row - link Still can't understand how this is even going again. When it started SISU/Otium etc were arguing that the price being asked by CCC was too high as the stadium was 'worthless'. Now they're arguing it was sold for undervalue despite the fact Wasps paid a higher price than SISU originally offered (and then reneged on). So you can dismiss their claim based solely on their own original argument.
Living here in America I can only get information about things going on in England mainly from the internet and this site, but this ongoing issue with the Coventry City football club and its owners Sisu is a very sad situation. You would think that they took over the club with a view to making the team successful and prosperous, in effect they have done exactly the opposite. It would appear to me that they never had any intention of making any effort at all to improve the club. How this company ever got to a position where it could buy this club is beyond me, how can they make money in their own business when they are making such an atrocious and disastrous mess of running this football club. I have been a Coventry supporter all my life and it is almost criminal what has happened here. 😡😡😡😡😡😡
Slim
Another Coventry kid
All posts by this member
984 of 989  Tue 29th May 2018 8:27am  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:413

A great day at Wembley yesterday. We were in London for the weekend anyway, and were given the tickets as a present. And a brilliant result! Smile
JohnnieWalker
Canberra, Australia
All posts by this member
985 of 989  Tue 29th May 2018 8:28am  
Member: Joined Jul 2011  Total posts:238

On 28th May 2018 4:56pm, dave owens said: Congratulations Sky Blues on your win at Wembley 👏👏👏👏👏👏
Just watched this replayed at a reasonable time in Australia - pure luck - I didn't even know it was on TV. Good to see some enterprising football - especially in the second half, but I cringed when the TV showed Seppala and her mates, responsible for having to go through this humbling process in the first place. Good luck Sky Blues, in the Third Division! That's where you were when I first started going to Highfield Road.
True Blue Coventry Kid

MisterD-Di
Sutton Coldfield
All posts by this member
986 of 989  Tue 29th May 2018 3:31pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2011  Total posts:883

Well, what a great day we all had at Wembley yesterday. The atmosphere was wonderful, no trouble anywhere, the weather glorious, and Wembley looked a picture. So much better than the antiquated dump it replaced! Also, it was good to see the Sky Blues win with some style. Cheers JW, you are right about Seppala. It was very funny when, during the post-match celebrations, Fisher's face appeared on the big screens. The cheers changed to boos as if the pantomime villain had just come on stage. Lol It's also worth noting that there was a lovely tribute to Cyrille Regis too. The Former Players' Association gave out hundreds of sky blue balloons with his name and No.9 on them, and in the 9th minute there was a minute of applause, chanting and balloons everywhere. A very poignant moment.
dave owens
california usa
All posts by this member
987 of 989  Tue 29th May 2018 9:27pm  

On 29th May 2018 8:28am, JohnnieWalker said: .... I cringed when the TV showed Seppala and her mates, responsible for having to go through this humbling process in the first place.
If there was ever a time for the idiot owners of this club to show the slightest interest in its future, it is now!!!!!!!
dave owens
california usa
All posts by this member
988 of 989  Tue 29th May 2018 9:46pm  

On a positive note, I just saw a picture of George Hudson still alive and looking good. For my money one of the best centre forwards of any era. I used to live across the road from Highfield Road on Swan Lane, must have gone to every home game through the 60s. George Curtis was also a great centre half, not many No.9s got the better of him.
Roger Turner
Torksey
All posts by this member
989 of 989  Wed 30th May 2018 12:33am  
Member: Joined Aug 2014  Total posts:516

Congratulations City, After all these years of going down it`s great to be on the up again. Has anybody noticed both City and Coventry rugby team have achieved promotion in the same season. Must be some sort of record. I hope they do well.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 976 to 989 of 989 posts

Page 66 of 66

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 .... 40 .... 45 .... 50 .... 55 .... 60 . 62 63 64 65 66
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Radio and TV Memories
|

Next (newer) topic

Much Park Street
View similar topics in the Sport, Music and Leisure category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5

Website & counter by Rob Orland © 2018

Load time: 129ms