No actionNo action
39 posts:
Order:    

argon
New Milton
All posts by this member
31 of 39  Fri 12th Jul 2019 5:32pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2016  Total posts:260

MR. Coupled with certain experiences I have had recently, I think that we are now in an Alice in Wonderland world. It pays to be insane!
Sorry state (non-Cov)
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
32 of 39  Thu 1st Aug 2019 4:42pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4211

Awful news for folk in Derbyshire. Weather related disaster looming - huge dam disintegrating.
Sorry state (non-Cov)
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
33 of 39  Fri 2nd Aug 2019 4:42pm  

I'm keeping these posts clear of the weather topic, for easier admin tasks, but please feel free to post your thoughts on this awful catastrophe. A brief weather respite today & tomorrow, but very wet weather forecast from Sunday onwards. The current forecast data makes very grim reading. When are they going to get back home? The reservoir is not for drinking. It's a canal system top-up. It was pencilled in to be used as a north to south drought water feed, where the canal system could be used as an emergency water supply to London & the Home Counties.
Sorry state (non-Cov)
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
34 of 39  Sat 17th Aug 2019 1:46pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5474

Full marks to the Spanish authorities - news item
Sorry state (non-Cov)
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
35 of 39  Mon 23rd Sep 2019 3:38am  

Morning all (too early) Thomas Cook demise. Very sad. It's early days too for an inquest, but some of the writing was on already on the wall. Too many cooks for one thing. They acquired the former Co-op Travel shops, so increasing their ground crew in many localities, at a time when other competitors were shutting High Street shops. Their High Street presence was welcomed, but not in such an expensive way. The slight downturn in business is all that was needed to cut their margins. Many reasons are being sited, political & so on, but by far the biggest wave into package travel is online. Any business that that can be done over the phone or online is vulnerable. At present, no technology exists where a pair of scissors can come out of the screen & cut my hair, but if all I want is a razor, that can arrive in a day if needed. That's the dilemma that every business person has to face. If a business is supplying only (nouns) it better watch out. If a business is supplying a service (verbs) the internet has limited intrusion at present. ps. It wouldn't surprise me to find a consortium of thieves in the boardroom, as has been the case in so many iconic catastrophic business failures. I wonder if, or what, holidays the auditors were promised!
Sorry state (non-Cov)
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
36 of 39  Thu 7th Nov 2019 6:45pm  

Hi all Wave A tele program on channel 3, ITV is going to highlight the treacherous nature of equity release on the property that you are living in. I have spilt so much ink on our forum on this issue, that I believe is far worse than the endowment link mortgage fiasco. Folk just don't realise the implications. ITV. 7.30 TONIGHT.
Sorry state (non-Cov)
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
37 of 39  Fri 8th Nov 2019 9:37am  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:1719

I agree that this is shaping up to be a new scandal but the car loans bubble is going to break first. The adverts are irresponsible, trying to persuade people to part with an asset in return for cash to give to grandkids or build a conservatory.
Sorry state (non-Cov)
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
38 of 39  Fri 8th Nov 2019 10:03am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3210

Three hundred or more of us stood in line to meet our new commanding officer - on the parade ground no-one seemed to know much about him. We had been waiting in heavy drizzling rain and were starting to get browned off at the scene. Then we heard a jeep come through the gate, we were brought to attention. The jeep rolled forward and stopped, but the passenger seemed to be struggling to get out, the driver raced round to help. He limped towards us and we were all on tenterhooks. He had one arm and leaning heavily on one crutch. He had one and a half legs, one eye, and face badly scarred. He was in a real sorry state. He stood us at ease, and said in broad Scottish accent - "I'm Colonel Jock Simpson, and I'm your new commander, and you look like drowned rats, so why don't we all bugger off to the mess hall and have a wee tot of rum." The place erupted, cheering.
Sorry state (non-Cov)
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
39 of 39  Sat 30th Nov 2019 9:01am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5474

Sorry state - our legal/justice systems Angry Not only Hillsborough Angry but London Bridge yesterday Read this - recognise anyone’s name? Angry Angry Angry
Sorry state (non-Cov)

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 31 to 39 of 39 posts

Page 3 of 3

1 2 3
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Hillsborough
|

Next (newer) topic

St John's Church, Fleet Street