Next pageLast page
608 posts:
Order:    

dutchman
Spon End
All posts by this member
1 of 608  Mon 23rd Jan 2012 8:54pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2010  Total posts:2999

A TEN-YEAR-OLD boy in Coventry has been found "safe and well" after going missing, sparking a huge police search. Joshua Haughton, who has autism and a speech impairment, was last seen leaving Whitmore Park School in Holbrooks at 3.15pm on Monday. He left at home time but did not return home leaving his family and school staff frantic - but police confirmed that the youngster had been found "safe and well" just after 9pm. The police helicopter had been drafted with officers scouring the area and talking to residents.
Today! (Current Coventry Issues)
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
2 of 608  Mon 23rd Jan 2012 9:05pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4110

Hello Dutchman & thank you for that. Very worrying & in my home area too. I have read the link to the telegraph Thank you. Whatever circumstances, a youngster out like that is terrible. Let's truly hope for a good result on this. ps The BBC is reporting the address as Halford Lane, which is Keresley, Only a detail difference.
Rugby
New Jersey, USA
All posts by this member
3 of 608  Mon 23rd Jan 2012 9:24pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2012  Total posts:20

Cold and dark now. Fervent prayers for his safe return home.
dutchman
Spon End
All posts by this member
4 of 608  Mon 23rd Jan 2012 9:50pm  

Our prayers have been answered! Thumbs up
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
5 of 608  Mon 23rd Jan 2012 9:51pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1392

Thank goodness for that - I think we'll all sleep well tonight now.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 608  Mon 23rd Jan 2012 9:51pm  

Me too. The ordeal may not be over for his family & school as he was found on a train going to Lincoln, according to BBC.
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
7 of 608  Mon 23rd Jan 2012 10:23pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1568

How on earth did a lad of 10 years old get on a train to Lincoln?! I guess thats another indicator of staff manning levels. If there had been ticket inspectors at the barrier he would never have got on the platform or near a train! Good news is he's safe! Big grin
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
8 of 608  Tue 24th Jan 2012 2:13am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3205

Do you know what ? I reckon he was trying to do a 'Travelling Philip' and seeing how far he could go. I can now jest knowing he is safe Happy Big grin Wave Thumbs up You can cuddle them then love them, then you can tell them off for straying !!!!
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 608  Tue 24th Jan 2012 7:35am  

Hi all Wave The good result on this gives us all a sigh of relief Dreamtime. A little boy with an issue in his mind, he had at least the notion of an idea to deal with it. My thoughts are with all of those who have to pick up the situation. Let's hope that it all goes well. When I was in hospital aged 7, I planned an escape, but a nurse foiled my getaway when she discovered that I had packed a banana in my soap bag. This is no joke. Enough of that. Wave
berost
Gosport
All posts by this member
10 of 608  Wed 25th Jan 2012 6:27am  
Member: Joined Jan 2012  Total posts:3

This is really great news and one that celebrates for his safe and great return. It is great that once again, prayers have been answered and this has really taken quite a big buzz in my area as well. Though probably much effort for those who took the search to their own have to be recognized as well.
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
11 of 608  Wed 25th Jan 2012 1:40pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1568

I'd just like to say a "Thank You" to dutchman Thumbs up for bringing this to our attention so quickly. It reminded me of the Missing Child Alert system they have in the US - where they believe the quicker you notify people of something like this the better chance you have of finding them unharmed. It was good to see that in our multi-national community that we have on our forum - that we can do our bit to help. Thanks again to everyone. Smile
dutchman
Spon End
All posts by this member
12 of 608  Wed 25th Jan 2012 2:08pm  

Thanks Tony. I only wish the news had been released a few hours earlier and then maybe the boy could have been found before he boarded the train to Lincoln.
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
13 of 608  Mon 4th Jun 2012 3:21pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1392

For those who enjoy seeing other people's misfortune, thanks to the Great British weather, here's the Sky News article showing the rather washed out Street Party that our family attended in Sommerville Road, Wyken, on Sunday 3rd June.... http://www.youtube.com/embed/SWc8Yunzock At the 3 second mark you can just make out our Steve jumping up and down to keep warm, with me next to him and Bev's turquoise coat behind under a dark soggy gazebo! At 17 seconds can be seen our Mandy holding a red, green & blue unbrella. None of us would be recongnisable if you didn't know where we were - but at least we've been on the telly!! Thumbs up
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
14 of 608  Mon 4th Jun 2012 3:56pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5113

Is that how you made your family spend the Jubilee Celebrations day, following an OB van around until you found out where it came to rest? Lol Lol
scrutiny
coventry
All posts by this member
15 of 608  Mon 4th Jun 2012 4:04pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2010  Total posts:644

LOL,you cannot beat the British weather but at least you joined it. The HARDY BRITISH SPIRIT nothing to beat it. I admired the singers on the boat going up the Thames, out in the rain singing their hearts out and smiling as well. Well done everyone. Wave Cheers Thumbs up

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 15 of 608 posts

Page 1 of 41

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 . 37 38 39 40 41
Next pageLast page

Previous (older) topic

Theatres (other than Hippodrome/Coventry Theatre)
|

Next (newer) topic

Drapers Hall
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5

Website & counter by Rob Orland © 2018

Load time: 128ms