Next pageLast page
626 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 9:29am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3837

Hi all Wave I love our forum, which can be as big or small as it needs be for any subject associated with Coventry. No matter whether we live here, born here, visit here or just want to chat about here. There is little wrong with chatter, providing we are courteous & tell it as it is. BT have just announced a huge hike in prices, following from similar prices rises from other media communication providers, so some chat becomes more expensive. We may have to pay more for our landline rental & so on, but posting on our forum is as free as a bird. I have started this thread called "Today", as a facility just for us to share whatever we like, that may not have a specific title, but you just want to share what you are up to or thinking about that is Coventry related. We can always move a conversation that develops into a more appropriate category if needed. Communication is important for our own wellbeing, as people who are lonely will testify, as will their carers. So, on this glorious sunny morning I will share my delight in nearly having a whole Sunday off from organ duty. The big return from holidays has me confined to playing for just one service this afternoon, so quite a relaxed affair, compared to last Sunday with over twelve hymns plus music. I enjoy moderating too on our forum. I don't mean, wearing a flat cap or a helmet either. I love reading the posts & trying to picture your delights in what you are sharing, as well as the sadder bits where there is concern. I am looking forward to Tony's weather outlook, although he might be saying that we need to make the most of today. Have a good day all Wave
Today! (Current Coventry Issues)
Annewiggy
Tamworth
All posts by this member
2 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 10:32am  
Off-topic / chat  

Mike H
London Ontario, Canada
All posts by this member
3 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 11:20am  
Off-topic / chat  

Annewiggy
Tamworth
All posts by this member
4 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 12:32pm  
Off-topic / chat  

pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
5 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 1:16pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:989

I've been cooking my first roast dinner for months. So I'm having a traditional Sunday even though I live on my own. It's 12th birthday celebrations for my carer's eldest daughter. She seems very happy with the new camera I bought her. Beth and her friends were out taking pictures at 9.30am over in the hills above Rossendale: rugged country but plenty to aim her camera at. Is that your family crest Philip. I believe it is that of the Gregory family on the railway bridge at Coat of Arms Bridge Road. Did you know that if they'd built the bridge only 30 yards further south it would have been on Lord Leigh's land?
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 1:42pm  

Hi all Wave Thank you for all of your posts today, so far. I am very sorry that you have got flu Morgana. A fresh onion sandwich, followed by a whisky & lime before bedtime might ease the discomfort, as well as being nice. I am sorry for your computer problems too, Anne. Some good experts on our forum to help out there along with a trusted dealer. Arr! Sunday lunch, as the whisps from Pam's cooking are filling my nostrils as I read your post Pixrobin. A boiled ham joint is on the go here. No, I did not know the significance of the bridge position to that extent, but I did do some War Memorial Park research a while back, which I will have to have another look at. It doesn't matter where we live, far away in Canada, like Mike H, we can always come together on our forum with our experiences. That is kind to treat your carers daughter to a new camera. Bril! Happy
MisterD-Di
Sutton Coldfield
All posts by this member
7 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 1:54pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2011  Total posts:881

I do love a boiled ham joint, Philip. Tell you what, you go round to Morgana's for a fresh onion sandwich and I'll come round to yours for the boiled ham. Thumbs up
Tricia
Bedworth
All posts by this member
8 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 2:05pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2011  Total posts:539

I have just returned from London where I was looking after my 6 year old grandaughters (twins). Whilst I was there the tooth fairy paid a visit to one of them and left £2!! It appears that this is the going rate in London. Is it the same in Coventry? I'm not sure but I think that my children got 20p or it may have been 50p. I can't remember the fairy ever visiting me Sad although the sum of 6d comes to mind. Oh my
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
9 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 2:09pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4195

You asked, Philip! I'm sitting on York Station with the present Mrs Red, glowing with pride at the reports of Bees taking 7 points from their last two meetings and looking to be heading for the play-offs Let us hear the Brandon roar! Cheers
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
10 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 2:15pm  

Hi all Wave "Two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate?" Thumbs up Will that do Midland Red? Thumbs up
Tricia
Bedworth
All posts by this member
11 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 4:13pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2011  Total posts:539

Hi Philip, Wave I wondered what she looked like, Oh my I thought you had to be asleep when she came. Big grin
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
12 of 626  Sun 24th Aug 2014 5:23pm  
Off-topic / chat  

LesM
Melbourne, Australia
All posts by this member
13 of 626  Mon 25th Aug 2014 12:47am  
Off-topic / chat  

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
14 of 626  Mon 25th Aug 2014 1:56pm  

Hi all Wave I am so sorry that today in Coventry is so wet a miserable, particularly for families where work schedules do not allow for another day when it is sunny. Very sad. Sad
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
15 of 626  Mon 25th Aug 2014 8:55pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4195

On 24th Aug 2014 5:23pm, pixrobin said: Hi MR is that a different Mrs Red to the one you had yesterday? Wink
Cheers Big grin

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 15 of 626 posts

Page 1 of 42

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 .. 38 39 40 41 42
Next pageLast page

Previous (older) topic

Coventry Telegraph
|

Next (newer) topic

Modelling the city
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 126ms)