No actionNo action
1 post:
Order:    

Hans
Netherlands, Zeeland
All posts by this member
1 of 1  Tue 19th Oct 2010 6:52am  
Member: Joined Oct 2010  Total posts:1

On the 20th of March 1945 a Lancaster crashed near the village of Nieuwdorp in Zeeland, Netherlands. All the crew members were killed. The rear gunner John Edward Taylor (Johnny) RAF(VR) 1869191 came from the Coventry area. He was 19 years old at the time of the crash. Parents: John William and Ada Kate Taylor of Radford, Coventry, UK. Two months ago the engine of the plane (PB677-MG/Q) was recovered and donated to our local WWII museum. I am trying to find relatives of the crew members to find out what happened before this fatal day in March 1945. I've already retrieved 3 out of 7 crew members. The museum is planning to build some sort of monument for the crew members. I hope someone can send us some pictures of Johnny and give us info about him and possibly other members of the crew. Crew: RAAF 62186 FO Bacon, L P, Captain (Pilot) RAF(VR) 1592648 Sgt H McClements, (Flight Engineer) RAF(VR) 1652888 Flt Sgt R R Evans, (Navigator) RAF(VR) 154615 FO Huttlestone, G H (Bomb Aimer) RNZAF 455771 WO P A Tennant, (Wireless Operator) RAF(VR) 2210978 Sgt J A Cornwall, (Mid Upper Gunner) RAF(VR) 1869191 Sgt J E Taylor (Rear Gunner) Thanks in advance
Sgt. John Edward 'Johnny' Taylor

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 1 of 1 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Ford's Hospital
|

Next (newer) topic

Alternative Sounds
View similar topics in the Coventry People category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 200ms)