No actionNo action
10 posts:
Order:    

mattash
Rugby
All posts by this member
1 of 10  Mon 3rd Nov 2014 9:53am  
Member: Joined Feb 2010  Total posts:601

Rob is very EKO friendly when he had to weather THE STORM out, however the TECHNO ROB ( feeling a bit BRASSED OFF with the MYSTERY )went SOARING into an INTERLUDE followed by an ORCHESTRAL BIT from his FUNKIT. It was a bit RYTHYM & BLU-ISH but it left him with a big TWINKLE. only just found it, excellent stuff Rob. Wink Wave Cheers Thumbs up
Rob's Twinkle
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 10  Mon 3rd Nov 2014 9:25pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:844

Hey, thank you Mattash, I appreciate that.... I see you've found "My music" then! Thumbs up Any potential number 1's in there? I could do with a decent pension one day!!! Wink
Rob's Twinkle
Gilly
Melbourne Australia
All posts by this member
3 of 10  Mon 3rd Nov 2014 11:43pm  
Off-topic / chat  

Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
4 of 10  Tue 4th Nov 2014 12:58am  
Off-topic / chat  

Norman Conquest
Allesley
All posts by this member
5 of 10  Thu 6th Nov 2014 11:36am  
Member: Joined Oct 2014  Total posts:851

Rob I really envy you on your musical ability. As a boy I learned to play the trumpet. Badly. I recently tried to get a few notes out of a trumpet but as my own front teeth went into the dentists bin some years ago the attempt was without success. As you are a musician have you ever heard of a Mr Pepper? He was my tutor and I think he was involved with the Coventry School of Music. Norman
Just old and knackered

Rob's Twinkle
mayjan
Green Lane,Coventry
All posts by this member
6 of 10  Thu 6th Nov 2014 2:10pm  
Off-topic / chat  

Norman Conquest
Allesley
All posts by this member
7 of 10  Thu 6th Nov 2014 3:37pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2014  Total posts:851

WOW Mayjan. Thank you so much for that. I thought I would I would be one of the last to remember Len. He had the patience of an angel and nothing was to much trouble for him. It wasn't his fault that I was a failure. Thanks again. Norman
Just old and knackered

Rob's Twinkle
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
8 of 10  Thu 6th Nov 2014 8:03pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:844

On 6th Nov 2014 11:36am, Norman Conquest said: As you are a musician have you ever heard of a Mr Pepper? He was my tutor and I think he was involved with the Coventry School of Music
Wow, I don't often get referred to as a "musician", and I certainly don't regard myself as one - not when it comes to tinkling on the piano or guitar anyway. Different with drums I suppose, as I used to play in a band in my late teens, but as you'll know drummers only hang around with musicians, but are never regarded as one! Wink You're very kind anyway, thank you, but I've never had any formal lessons - I just try to play by ear.... and when that starts to ache I use my fingers instead! Most of my music on that page was recorded using a computer programme called "Cubase", which acts a bit like a multi-track recorder, so I can record a drum line, then play that back while putting a bass-line down - then play that rhythm back while adding any other instrument, and so on. And the great thing is - you can go back in afterwards and correct all the notes that you got wrong during recording - which in my case was an awful lot of them! So, no, I'm afraid I've never heard about Mr. Pepper - maybe I'd have benefited somewhat if I had! Many thanks, Rob
Rob's Twinkle
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
9 of 10  Thu 6th Nov 2014 8:36pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:987

My helper's daughter does her music lessons via Skype. It saves her mum a 60-mile round trip. But their internet wasn't working properly today so they dashed up to my house to do the lesson from here. It's OK I checked with the tutor that I could show her picture to my friends - that's her on my computer monitor.
Rob's Twinkle
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
10 of 10  Fri 7th Nov 2014 2:34am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2854

That's fantastic Pixrobin, isn't modern technology wonderful, makes all my ignorance worth while and entertaining. I hope the little girl keeps up with her lessons. Hey, and I love the funky colour violin. (right where's my keyboard) !! plink, plonk, plink . Wave
Rob's Twinkle

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Flying Wing
|

Next (newer) topic

Stoney Road bus lane
View similar topics in the Non-Coventry category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 211ms)