Next pageNo action
23 posts:
Order:    

mattash
Rugby
All posts by this member
1 of 23  Sat 29th Nov 2014 10:44am  
Member: Joined Feb 2010  Total posts:612

Having a little talk this morning about our eating habits, I wondered exactly how much we do eat. Interesting findings. I left out the first five years because of age, although from birth I was a good eater. My estimation = 7 ton of spuds 2 1/2 ton of onions (I eat them like apples) 2 3/4 ton of greens 2 1/2 ton of meat 1 1/4 ton of fruit 3/4 ton of Friday home made curry night. Oh my Too hard to calculate everything else. Just in case you are wondering, I am 5ft 11in tall, 13st. I also work out at least 1 ton of the spuds was in chip form, another 1 1/2 ton in roast tatties. I tended to work things out on the lean side rather than over estimate. Cheers
Non-Coventry - Useless Information
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
2 of 23  Wed 3rd Dec 2014 4:39pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1981

Hey Mattash, now I know why we were on rations all those years lol. Happy Christmas.
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
3 of 23  Thu 4th Dec 2014 11:17am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1981

Don't know much about what I've ate. But have slept in an English Castle, Italian Castle, Crusader Castle, French Monastery and Fawlty Towers Hotel. Leaned on the tower of Pisa, pottered about Pompeii Waved to the Pope when he waved to me.
mattash
Rugby
All posts by this member
4 of 23  Thu 4th Dec 2014 11:43am  

Hello Kaga, I love useless information. Try this one. If the perforations do not tear off evenly on the toilet roll, tear back the top layer all the way around back to the other layer, now the perforations will be together. It is amazing how the Pope singled you out. Big grin
john bishop
leicester
All posts by this member
5 of 23  Thu 4th Dec 2014 2:09pm  
Disabled: Joined Jan 2013  Total posts:76

mattash, when I was a child I had to use newspaper. The Pope made no comments. Blush
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
6 of 23  Thu 4th Dec 2014 7:02pm  
Off-topic / chat  

morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
7 of 23  Thu 4th Dec 2014 7:10pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:2234

Barbie's measurements if she was life size would be 39-23-33 Lol Lol Coke a Cola originally was green. The cleverest dogs are the boarder Collie, Poodle, Golden Retriever, the dumbest is the Afghan. Men can read smaller print than women but women listen better. Big grin . The Hawaiian Alphabet has only 12 letters. Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the US Treasury. Most inteligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair. Jupiter is the largest planet, bigger than all the planets put together. The only food that never spoils is honey. Only continent without reptiles or snakes: Antarctica. The youngest Pope was 11. The youngest parents age 8 and 9 was in China in 1910. Warm water weighs heavier than cold water. Cream is lighter in weight than milk. Japanese melons are square, eaiser to stack. Men have hiccups more often than women. Proportional to their weight, men are stronger than horses. On Father's Day there are more connect calls by phone than any other day of the year. Polar bears are left handed. In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees. Shakespeare invented the words bump and assassination. A lion in the wild normally only kills about 20 times in one year. Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles (274 km) per hour. Woodpecker scalps, porpoise teeth, and giraffe tails have all been used as money. Australia rules football originated from something to play when cricket wasn't in season. A donkey would die in quicksand but a mule wouldn't. The only bird to fly backwards is the humming bird. Edited by member, 4th Dec 2014 8:01 pm
john bishop
leicester
All posts by this member
8 of 23  Fri 5th Dec 2014 8:06am  

On 4th Dec 2014 7:02pm, morgana said: Now I know John B what Sinead O'Connor was doing when she tore a picture of the Pope up and said let's all fight evil 😮😁
Morgana. You'd have thought God would have had something to say about that.
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
9 of 23  Fri 5th Dec 2014 10:41am  

Not meaning to offend others' beliefs JohnB, from my life experience I don't believe in a god, I wonder what my grandfather would have thought of that being once a preacher.😮 Edited by member, 5th Dec 2014 10:42 am
john bishop
leicester
All posts by this member
10 of 23  Fri 5th Dec 2014 12:20pm  

morgana, neither do the EU and British governments. The EU banned creationism in 2007 and the British government has just done the same.
mattash
Rugby
All posts by this member
11 of 23  Fri 5th Dec 2014 1:08pm  

Morgana, I agree women listen better, but only in "shorthand". Which they do not understand. Example = Having being asked a question by nameless. Sitting on a bench opposite the London Eye, I remarked to a nameless female (that is because I wish to continue living) "I have just timed the wheel and it takes 7mins to do a quarter of a turn, that means it does one revolution in half an hour approx. so that means two turns an hour" About 15mins elapsed when out of the blue, I had a reply. "That does not do a revolution every quarter of an hour, more like 2 an hour, maybe." "I didn't say that" "You just told me that" Oh well, back to the drawing board. Wink
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
12 of 23  Fri 5th Dec 2014 4:15pm  

On 5th Dec 2014 12:20pm, john bishop said: morgana, neither do the EU and British governments. The EU banned creationism in 2007 and the British government as just done the same.
Thanks for that JohnB Well I've always known governments don't believe or should I say hypocrites that tend these churches on tv for us all to see them, flaunting their wealth, yet could sit and watch children suffer. More chance of a camel going through the eye of a needle than a rich man entering heaven, which says it all. I bet that's peeved the last Pope taking money from The Vatican and giving it to NASA to find God's handprint out in space.😀
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
13 of 23  Fri 5th Dec 2014 4:21pm  

😊😜😄😂 Sorry Mattash, can't stop laughing. In my day shorthand was squiggles. You should find that a compliment Mattash as women normally have the knack of switching off to children then coming back later to give them a clout around the earhole. Lucky you didn't get the clout around the earhole. 😁 Edited by member, 5th Dec 2014 5:03 pm
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
14 of 23  Fri 5th Dec 2014 8:33pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:1004

Creationism stifles creativeness.
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
15 of 23  Fri 5th Dec 2014 10:42pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1256

On 5th Dec 2014 1:08pm, mattash said: Sitting on a bench opposite the London Eye, I remarked to a nameless female (that is because I wish to continue living) "I have just timed the wheel and it takes 7mins to do a quarter of a turn, that means it does one revolution in half an hour approx. so that means two turns an hour" About 15mins elapsed when out of the blue, I had a reply. "That does not do a revolution every quarter of an hour, more like 2 an hour, maybe." "I didn't say that" "You just told me that"
I love it! That could be a comedy sketch in its own right. In fact Monty Python had already worked out that the fairer half of the species never listen - not even to each other - and underlined it in this fantastic routine.... Monty Python on YouTube It can be summed up in that one exchange... "Been shopping?" "Nah.... been shopping". Say no more! Thumbs up

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 15 of 23 posts

Page 1 of 2

1 2
Next pageNo action

Previous (older) topic

Wartime food (and other recipes)
|

Next (newer) topic

Big Bands
You are viewing topics in the Non-Coventry category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 5th April 2018  (Load time: 166ms)