No actionNo action
19 posts:
Order:    

Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
16 of 19  Mon 8th Dec 2014 11:48am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3160

Thank you Morgana, I was sure I was not dreaming. Those geese actually look as if they are having fun. Wave
Non-Coventry - Useless Information
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
17 of 19  Mon 8th Dec 2014 12:27pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:2216

😊 No you're not dreaming Dreamtime. Yes they do look like they are having fun. Lots of photos on the net even an eagle flying upside down.😮
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
18 of 19  Thu 13th Sep 2018 5:24pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:2376

My name's Kaga, because my brother wrote left-handed and I could not say kagy-handed in one go. The emergence of letters for everyone, not just the elite classes, began in the 18th century, and the best quill was the third feather in from a goose's wing. Right-handed people preferred a quill from the left wing of a goose as they were more comfortable over the hand, a left-handed used the the right wing feathers.
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
19 of 19  Sun 16th Sep 2018 9:58am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:2376

How easy it is for a small force of saboteurs to carry out attacks against a railway system of 70 miles of track by burying mines amongst the ballast? It needed very good eyesight to detect and remove these mines, and was highly dangerous. Mining the lines at night with pressure mines. In Nov 1946 in less than a month there was 22 attacks against the railway killing six and injuring 22 all British, I believe two were Coventry lads. Some raids/mines thwarted, some successful. With the approach of the citrus season some millions of cases of fruit had to be moved by rail, so British lives were now put at risk for their own farmers. 'Operation Earwig' was put into operation, troops patrolled and searched the lines, at least 20 Coventry lads took part, but it had the desired effect. After a few months the saboteurs turned their attention to other ways, mainly killing and kidnapping troops. It was a very nervy and hostile environment considering we were there as a policemen to keep Arab and Jew from killing each other.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 19 of 19 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Favourite movies and film memories
|

Next (newer) topic

Obituaries