No actionNo action
46 posts:
Order:    

Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
46 of 46  Fri 16th Jun 2017 5:13pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:968

On 15th Jun 2017 10:51pm, Golden Tonsils said: When I completed the training I took a job with E600 "Test Equipment Engineers", the Manager was DVE Lowe (Dennis). There was HB Baker (Howard), DJ Gee (Dave), FB Mundean (Barry), ME Shearer (Mike), RE Hodge (Bob), RD Keill (Dick), JA Cockrill (John), PW Gray (Peter), JA Moran (John), Aubrey Bicknell, RE Irwin (Ron), Peter Brown, CJ Gladman (Chris), WE Torrance (Bill), HS Dhillon (Matt).
Although I worked at GEC, Spon Street in the 1980s, then Helen Street in the 90s, a few of these names are familiar. Barry Mundean became our Test Manager at Helen St, and earned the nickname of "HIG" from his regular question "how's it going?'. Peter Brown, if it's the same person, became overall chief of the Transmission group, and oversaw the thousands of redundancies in the early 90s - although with hindsight it was probably necessary to keep GPT alive at that stage. I briefly came across others too, although I didn't actually know them to talk to, like Mike Shearer & Bill Torrance, and I think one of my apprentice placements in the early 80s was with Ron Irwin - not exactly one of my favourites if I've remembered correctly! I didn't see Cliff Titterall (not sure of the spelling) mentioned, but I know he had a connection with the Test Equipment department.
GEC Copsewood (Telephone Works, Stoke)

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 46 to 46 of 46 posts

Page 4 of 4

1 2 3 4
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Quirky facts about Coventry
|

Next (newer) topic

The Internet - a knowledge base without compare
View similar topics in the Industry, Business and Work category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 59ms)