Next pageNo action
26 posts:
Order:    

Norman Conquest
Allesley
All posts by this member
1 of 26  Wed 4th Feb 2015 12:42pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2014  Total posts:823

Does anyone know if planning permission has been granted for Lidl or Aldi to build a supermarket at Cannon Park? Does anyone here shop with the existing shops Aldi/Lidl and if so what are they like? Remember Quick Save? Stack it high and sell it cheap. We often used the one that was in the Westmede shopping centre and that was OK. For a number of years we have shopped at Cannon Park and was wondering what impact a new supermarket would have on existing businesses. It's a good place to shop with anything you could want all under the same roof.
Just old and knackered

Cannon Park, Canley
Ken Dickson
High Hesket Cumbria
All posts by this member
2 of 26  Wed 4th Feb 2015 1:21pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2015  Total posts:47

Norman Conquest, Aldi has applied to build a new store at Shultern Lane area where the Renault dealership is. According to the press the application goes before the planning committee on Thursday. The press speculate they will be given the green light.
Cannon Park, Canley
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
3 of 26  Wed 4th Feb 2015 9:21pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:1036

Aldi and Lidl have good quality products - but not brands you may be familiar with. Many are leading brands in other European countries. It will certainly give Tesco a problem to digest.
Cannon Park, Canley
Annewiggy
Tamworth
All posts by this member
4 of 26  Wed 4th Feb 2015 10:20pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2013  Total posts:1215

We shop at both Lidl and Aldi in Tamworth. They both sell most products you could want but not usually in brands you would recognise. Lidl do sell a few more branded products. We have been satisfied with most things we buy at both stores. It is usually a quick and easy shop as there are no choices to be made, you either buy it or you don't. We still go to another supermarket every few weeks to get the stuff I am fussy about like soap powder and the odd things they don't sell. Lidl do a good selection of fresh meat and fish. I think men like Aldi as well because they usually sell a lot of man things. Both stores have a different selection of non-food items in as well and often have good prices on things like microwaves all of which are good quality. Now both stores have started taking credit cards.
Cannon Park, Canley
flapdoodle
Coventry
All posts by this member
5 of 26  Thu 5th Feb 2015 7:56am  
Member: Joined Nov 2010  Total posts:853

Ghastly places, they remind me of those dreadful 'Kwik Save' stores.
Cannon Park, Canley
Norman Conquest
Allesley
All posts by this member
6 of 26  Thu 5th Feb 2015 10:39am  

Oh dear! I quite liked Quick Save, cheap and cheerful. I hear what you say Flapdoodle but think I will pop in to have a look see when the new one opens.
Just old and knackered

Cannon Park, Canley
Gas Centre
Perth Scotland
All posts by this member
7 of 26  Thu 5th Feb 2015 4:24pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2014  Total posts:81

Norman Conquest You should try Aldi and save yourself some money, a lot of low income people must be better off due to Aldi. Retail prices are determined by overheads, Aldi's are lower than the big supermarkets, hence their prices are lower. Much quicker to do your shopping compared to somewhere like the Tesco at the Ricoh which is to big, you also get through the checkouts twice as quick as most supermarkets, this because you put the goods back into the trolley and then pack them on a worktop a few yards from the checkout. Tesco will certainly notice it when they open if they are as busy as their Radford Store. Been to Aldi today and then to M&S Simply Food next door (20mile round trip) Alan H
Alan H

Cannon Park, Canley
Norman Conquest
Allesley
All posts by this member
8 of 26  Thu 5th Feb 2015 5:20pm  

Totally agree about Tesco at Ricoh. Only been there once, it's far too big and takes an eternity to get through the checkout. There is an Aldi on the Radford Rd, been past it a thousand times but never gone in. I am looking forward to the new build at Cannon Park and will certainly give it a try. Sorry Flapdoodle Blush
Just old and knackered

Cannon Park, Canley
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
9 of 26  Thu 5th Feb 2015 6:53pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4924

On 5th Feb 2015 7:56am, flapdoodle said: Ghastly places, they remind me of those dreadful 'Kwik Save' stores.
Not the ones we use - they're fine - clean, tidy, good on price, quality and stock I remember the first Asda we used - that was fairly dreadful, with stock still in cardboard outers
Cannon Park, Canley
Gas Centre
Perth Scotland
All posts by this member
10 of 26  Fri 6th Feb 2015 3:55pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2014  Total posts:81

Just noticed that Aldi have been given permission for the Canley store. Alan H
Alan H

Cannon Park, Canley
Annewiggy
Tamworth
All posts by this member
11 of 26  Fri 6th Feb 2015 4:17pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2013  Total posts:1215

Aldi also sell Medion electronic products. We have had a couple of Medion Computers in the past, they are a good price and good products.
Cannon Park, Canley
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
12 of 26  Sun 17th Jul 2016 8:59pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:1036

This is the state of progress on the new Aldi store at Cannon Park. Picture taken a couple of hours ago.
Cannon Park, Canley
Old Lincolnian
13 of 26  Tue 19th Jul 2016 10:36am  
Off-topic / chat  

matchle55
Coventry
All posts by this member
14 of 26  Tue 19th Jul 2016 1:44pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:185

Will someone tell me exactly whereabouts this is in Cannon Park please?

Question

Cannon Park, Canley
mayjan
Green Lane,Coventry
All posts by this member
15 of 26  Tue 19th Jul 2016 1:59pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2010  Total posts:258

It's where the Sutton Park Renault car dealership was in Shultern Lane. Thumbs up
Cannon Park, Canley

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 15 of 26 posts

Page 1 of 2

1 2
Next pageNo action

Previous (older) topic

Yielding family
|

Next (newer) topic

Corley Open Air School