No actionNo action
18 posts:
Order:    

Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
16 of 18  Mon 18th Dec 2017 8:50am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2920

Hello Graham, Folly Lane School as it was called then was my first school (Infants) and I remember I had to go over the big (well it was to me) iron bridge. Used to frighten me when the steamers rolled under. We lived in Welland Road. One of my better memories was being able to buy liquorice wood from the nearby chemist. Must have been there around '45 just for a couple of years and then on to Moseley Ave. Wish I could remember the teachers but can't I am afraid. Wave I am sure Folly Lane has been mentioned before. Big grin
Schools and Education - Folly Lane
Prof
Gloucester
All posts by this member
17 of 18  Thu 21st Dec 2017 8:49pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2014  Total posts:263

Graham 224. You mentioned Mr Thomas, he was the senior boys teacher, I was in his class, but the lady teacher you mention was Miss Lewis. Mr Thomas had nicotine stained fingernails, and a neat moustache.
herberts lad
Exhall
All posts by this member
18 of 18  Sat 23rd Dec 2017 5:44pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2012  Total posts:72

Hi Graham, you won't believe this but I mentioned you and your brother to my wife as we passed your house in Gulson Rd the other day. I said the Balls lived there the Harritys here and then there were the Lambs and the Kemps. We all used Orton's shop or Lawrence's bakery - never forget their bread, I too was at Folly Lane same time, was it Miss Neguses class you were in as I was in Miss Lewis. Classmates were Alan Donnelly, Jack Mason, John Samuels, David Finch, Jimmy Martin, Rob And Marion Ray, Roy Twigger, Christine Finnemore to name a few. Great to see you are still alive and kicking. Best regards Brian

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 18 of 18 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Stoke (Council) School (Briton Road & Annexe)
|

Next (newer) topic

Woodlands School, Broad Lane
You are viewing topics in the Schools and Education category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 56ms)