No actionNo action
2 posts:
Order:    

firefighter1
tasmania
All posts by this member
1 of 2  Sat 1st Jan 2011 10:14pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1

Hi. I am interested in obtaining information about Jesse Josiah Jackson who lived in Conventry in the 1800's. He was a Quaker who was married to Elizabeth. They had two sons - Charles born in 1834 and Herbert (date of birth unknown). After Elizabeth died, Jesse married her younger sister. Jesse was a silk merchant. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Midge (Tasmania)
Jesse Josiah Jackson
sadieshatterly
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 2  Mon 10th Jan 2011 12:10pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:5

Hello Midge, Just came across your post and have a couple of questions. Have you checked the censuses? I can see Jesse with Elizabeth and Maria (Jones) from 1841 until Elizabeth dies and next census Maria is wife. So Elizabeth`s maiden name is Jones? Then the next census, Maria is living with Herbert as 'mother in-law', not quite correct but these things often aren`t! Herbert looks to have had a large family and had the appropriate occupation in 1881 - 'Breeder Of Thoroughbreds'. I think to go further back you`d have to track down a parish record. We have a local history centre but unfortunately its closed due to flood damage. Worth an email though - link Anyway let me know if you`d like the census info I`ve found. Or have a look yourself, the 1881 census is free on familysearch Another good free site is FreeBMD Good Luck Jacki
Jesse Josiah Jackson

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Central Buildings
|

Next (newer) topic

Fisher/Franklin family - Silver Street
View similar topics in the Coventry People category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 56ms)