No actionNo action
3 posts:
Order:    

dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
1 of 3  Thu 1st Oct 2015 12:00am  
Member: Joined Dec 2010  Total posts:223

I would just like to tell you that three Warwickshire bowling teams will be at our club this Sunday in a best team play off, should be a good day for us at the club that's if the weather holds as most will be new faces, but you always see someone you know
Crown Green Bowling
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
2 of 3  Mon 5th Oct 2015 10:48pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4417

Thanks dougie - hope you had a good day! Recently watched the final of The Waterloo on TV, between two Warwickshire bowlers Having played the flat-green version for many years, indoor and out, I've met plenty of local "crownies", who particularly excel indoors, and also some from "up north" when I played in Blackpool events David Holt, of course, was a superstar at both codes Richard Brittan was a stalwart of the Warwickshire county team outdoors for many years, and was successful in National competitions I was lucky enough to play indoors with Nick Skidmore, a National indoor champion who now plays outdoors for Middlesex Coventry and North Warwickshire have always been strong crown green areas
Crown Green Bowling
dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
3 of 3  Tue 6th Oct 2015 5:26pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2010  Total posts:223

MR. Believe it or not I was the only one at the bowling greens at 9.00 am to greet them and welcome them to the club, only because I was putting some old photo's up of previous handicaps run and held at the club from 1986. The runner-up at the Waterloo was there in one of the Warwickshire teams that played in the final and won Thumbs up against The Potteries. I made three trips to the club during the day, the last being at 8.00 pm for the final, so it was a long day for them as after they won they came in the club to celebrate and didn't want to go home.
Crown Green Bowling

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Ernesford Grange
|

Next (newer) topic

Moore family (inc Fishy Moore)
View similar topics in the Sport, Music and Leisure category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 174ms)