No actionNo action
3 posts:
Order:    

sally watson
coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 3  Sat 17th Dec 2011 4:43pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2011  Total posts:42

Hi dutchman, I know it's off subject but you seem to know so much and seeing all those dates between you and Keith, do you know what year the UFO was sighted in Coventry, I believe it was reported in the paper, I was crossing the bridge over the Sherbourne with my sister on our way to the Plaza cinema when we saw the so said UFO, and no we hadn't been drinking, we were only children. (lol)
UFO sighted in Coventry
dutchman
Spon End
All posts by this member
2 of 3  Sat 17th Dec 2011 5:22pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2010  Total posts:3022

I've not come across that story before Sally. The Plaza closed (as a cinema) in 1959 so it must have been before 1960.
UFO sighted in Coventry
JohnnieWalker
Canberra, Australia
All posts by this member
3 of 3  Sat 17th Dec 2011 8:00pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2011  Total posts:216

Not sure if the ufo story is the memory I have of the Christmas Eve of, I think, 1963. I was still at school, and I was working on the Christmas Post run around Crescent Avenue and through the GEC to Bourne Rd, and First and Second Avenue. I think you had to be 16 or over to work on the Christmas Post, so that dates it at 1963 or 1964. I had aunts at 1 and 8 (or 10?) Crescent Avenue, and two more in (6 and 25?) Bourne Road. There were several inches of snow in the ground, and it was very cold, so each aunt along the route took pity on me, and plied me with large quantities of mince pies and brandy. By around 4pm, I was nicely "warmed up", and the grey skies were suddenly lit up by the brightest light I'd ever seen. If there had been herald angels whizzing around in the sky, I would have been no less surprised, since it was Christmas Eve, after all. Sadly, no herald angels, no big bearded guy in the sky announcing the birth of his son, and no newspapers the following day to explain my "vision". The Telegraph eventually reported a meteorite landing somewhere east (?) of the city, but it certainly added a bit a special magic to that Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas everyone! PS. I wasn't "dreaming"! Wikipedia reference
True Blue Coventry Kid

UFO sighted in Coventry

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Keresley - bizarre incident, 12 Dec 2011
|

Next (newer) topic

Interesting comparison - St Nicholas, Gt Yarmouth & Coventry Cathedral
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 224ms)