No actionNo action
6 posts:
Order:    

Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
1 of 6  Fri 18th Dec 2015 9:09am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4663

For the sake of balance (versus "Pet hates") Mine include (in no specific order): Our grandchildren Historic Coventry - the site and the forum "Sounds of the 60s" Messi, Suarez, Neymar Chris Harris racing - and memories of Nigel Boocock Breaking down a brick wall in family history research Fish and chips with Philip Sunny days out with the camera Kleine Scheidegg
Non-Coventry - What makes us happy?
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
2 of 6  Fri 18th Dec 2015 12:35pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:996

Being back in Coventry to live.
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
3 of 6  Tue 22nd Dec 2015 3:34am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2922

May I join you with this one. Naturally first, my family but there are not many of us in Perth. Fish 'n chips in newspaper (for old times sake) I do love a bacon n' egg butty. Early morning walk with my dog (and I mean really early) Land of Hope and Glory (when we can all join in) A really good horror movie (when I am on my own) Roses My time on the forum (especially the laughs that come with it) Good news about the CCFC Mushrooms (my weakness any way they come) Pork crackling New shoes A good time with friends (hoping that will always be) Left alone with a box of chocs (I guess this would have to be last) All not necessarily in that order. I am not hard to please am I Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Edited by member, 22nd Dec 2015 3:42 am
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
4 of 6  Tue 22nd Dec 2015 3:42pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:996

On Saturday morning I was sitting on my scooter in the Upper Precinct pausing to have a cigarette while the hustle and bustle went on around me. A friend looked at me and asked, "What are your thoughts Robin?" My answer was simply this. "Just memories, just memories ............ I'm home." My friend understood.
Roger Turner
Torksey
All posts by this member
5 of 6  Tue 22nd Dec 2015 5:16pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2014  Total posts:488

Despite the evidence of my driving licence photograph, I think I am usually of a fairly sunny disposition, i.e. a smile on my face for instance when I am playing sport or demolishing something (oh I do get a kick from the dropping of a big chimney or a block of flats, but I really like wielding the sledge hammer myself) They used to say rugby was a sport for lads to work off their natural aggression and lately since I`ve started to learn golf, it is the pleasure I get from a shot I have hammered and it's gone for miles and miles and miles (at least out of sight - my vision isn`t first class). I can give one instance where this disposition to wearing a natural smile can get you into trouble. E.g. my future mother in law was having an "up and downer" with her sister, a real good going "chuck the kitchen sink at it " row. I was a mere innocent bystander. Part way through there was an interlude in the melee. The sister observed "what`s that idiot laughing at?" I`m sure the question was rhetorical, but I never got the chance to correct the inaccurate description. I think I am happiest though at "unexpected pleasures", often a hidden view, or an event like a mother duck shepherding her little waddlers over a stretch of open ground and then to watch them flop into the water. Present unexpected pleasure - a host of golden daffodils - two months too early but welcome nonetheless.
Norman Conquest
Allesley
All posts by this member
6 of 6  Wed 23rd Mar 2016 3:19pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2014  Total posts:831

What makes people happy? Other peoples misery. After 28 years in the ambulance service and been retired for 21 years the most frequent question I am asked is " What was the worst incident you attended?" After every accident there was always a queue of "rubber neckers" trying to get a view of a serious injury. To the "worst injury" question I usually reply a flat hedgehog on the A45. I have never, ever been asked what are my happiest memories.
Just old and knackered

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Favourite movie
|

Next (newer) topic

Embarrassing moments
You are viewing topics in the Non-Coventry category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 82ms)