No actionNo action
5 posts:
Order:    

MapleLeafer
NW Ontario Canada
All posts by this member
1 of 5  Tue 11th Oct 2016 4:18am  
Member: Joined Oct 2016  Total posts:2

Good afternoon everyone, I am looking for the births of William Carpenter and his 2 wives. I am wanting to get his wives' birth records as well. William first married Anne Reading during 1721. He then married Sarah Court in 1746 after Anne's death in 1745. Anne had 4 children that I am aware of. Sarah had two that I am aware of. Samuel Carpenter born 1748 is my direct ancestor. I am interested in finding out who William and his wives' parents are as well. If anyone that that help me with this I will appreciate that. Thank you, John
Carpenter family (Warwickshire)
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
2 of 5  Tue 11th Oct 2016 4:30pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4924

I have asked the o.p. whether the family is connected with Coventry Thumbs up Response received: I am unsure as to the Coventry connection. The family lived in various part of Warwick from Stratford on the Avon to the Birmingham areas. I am at a loss as to knowing where this Carpenter family came from. I do know that William married Anne Reading in Lapworth in 1721 and lived there for a while since his children were born there. However, he married his second wife Sarah Court in Solihull - indicating he moved around in Warwick. I believe he was an ag lab, so the moving around makes sense to me. I do not know who his parents are and where he was born. I am just guessing for now his birth was in the Lapworth area sometime around 1700ish, but then again I don't know for sure. I am not very familiar with Warwick, but Lapworth appears to be reasonably close to Coventry and thus a possible connection. Coventry would have been a significant marketplace for him back then as well I believe. Sorry, I am just taking a chance that someone in this forum may be able to help me proceed further back tracing my Carpenter family in Warwick.
Heathite
Coventry
All posts by this member
3 of 5  Tue 11th Oct 2016 5:00pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2012  Total posts:453

Hi all. Does MapleLeafer have this information? William Carpenter, marriage date, 27th Dec 1721, Lapworth, Warwickshire. Parish, Lapworth, spouse Anne Reading. A possible baptism for William as follows. William Carpenter, baptism, May 1696, Stretton on Dunsmore. Father, Tho Lester Carpenter (Thomas Lester?) Mother, Carpenter. The originals are worth scrutinising.
MapleLeafer
NW Ontario Canada
All posts by this member
4 of 5  Wed 7th Dec 2016 3:26am  
Member: Joined Oct 2016  Total posts:2

Hi Heathite, Yes I have seen those. I have seen copies of the marriage records to Sarah Court and Anne Reading. I have not yet been able to do the same for the 1696 baptism in Stretton on Dunsmore :-( It is unavailable to me. Is there a way to access it?
mcsporran
Coventry & Cebu
All posts by this member
5 of 5  Wed 7th Dec 2016 9:31am  
Member: Joined Oct 2013  Total posts:384

The baptism of 1696 should be available at ancestry.co.uk for a subscription, but they offer a free trial.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Victoria Billiards Club
|

Next (newer) topic

Keelavite Hydraulics
View similar topics in the Search for People category