No actionNo action
18 posts:
Order:    

K
Somewhere
All posts by this member
16 of 18  Mon 30th Jan 2012 3:53pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:567

If I remember rightly, the house where Cleverly's was, was a large 1930's "Tudor" house, with two very large semicircular bay windows - I thought 'what a shame for such a nice house to be a dentist's'.
Binley Road
Prof
Gloucester
All posts by this member
17 of 18  Tue 22nd Jul 2014 8:16pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2014  Total posts:325

No, Cleverley was our family dentist and the house was just at the corner of Gulson Road and Binley Road, on the opposite side and well beyond the railway bridge going towards Far Gosford Street.
Binley Road
Tony1
Coventry
All posts by this member
18 of 18  Mon 5th Mar 2018 2:30pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2012  Total posts:55

On 5th Jan 2012 4:02pm, Genghis Smith said: 3 Binley Rd, known in the late 80's - early 90's as the STOKER. Was this at one time the vicarage for All Saints?
Just spotted this old post. When I first got married I lived at number 3 in the late 1960's and shared the top floor with another family; the owners lived below. I was led to believe number 1 was lost to the railway line. The gardens parties was organised by the vicar who lived at number 5 before the house became a dentist. At the rear were stables and further a field was Gosford Swimming Pool. At some time the house was extended and a ballroom built to entertain personnel from Hillman Motor Company. In the later years the building was used by their apprentices and there were evidence the building was associated with the motor industry for I found many engine and gearbox parts.
Binley Road

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 18 of 18 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Pope's Head Inn
|

Next (newer) topic

Far Gosford Street