No actionNo action
18 posts:
Order:    

Dillotford
Stafford
All posts by this member
16 of 18  Mon 5th Dec 2016 5:09pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2014  Total posts:30

For my afternoon walk I decided to walk over to Bednall (which just happens to be about 2 to 3 miles along footpaths each way). Anyway found Dr Ernest Kenderdine grave and few of his brothers were there as well. Coventry mentioned. Also opposite the church is a newish road called Kenderdine Close There was a Miss Florence Kenderdine born 1901 in Stafford, so the school Kenderdine may be his sister, although fair age difference. To be further investigated.
Doctors and Surgeons
Dillotford
Stafford
All posts by this member
17 of 18  Tue 6th Dec 2016 12:17pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2014  Total posts:30

Found the connection between the Kenderdine doctors and the Kenderdine School of 68 Earlsdon Road South. A previous poster found this: "Mrs G. M. Kenderdine, 68 Earlsdon Ave South, Coventry. 1935-6 Directory. The only Kenderdine in the book" Mrs G M Kenderdine (Gertrude Mary) married Alfred George Kenderdine, elder brother of Dr Ernest Kenderdine, they had four children, Florence Koevil being the oldest, who founded the Kenderdine School. Alfred Kenderdine although born in Stafford was a chemist and druggist and practiced in Bristol. In 1939, Florence's brother Eric also lived in Coventry. Dr Ernest older brother also a doctor, Thomas lived at Rowley Park, Stafford and then brought the Bednall Hall Estate in 1913. He died in 1936 having never married and left the property to his nephew Thomas Bradley Kenderdine (son of Ernest) - this will be Dr Tom as other posters have called him. Thomas Bradley died in 1985 and the property was sold in 1986. The Hall still stands but some land behind it was sold for housing, and the road was called Kenderdine Close. A quick look at 192.com found only two Kenderdines in Coventry but 20 in Stafford.
Doctors and Surgeons
gel
shropshire
All posts by this member
18 of 18  Sat 24th Jun 2017 1:30am  
Member: Joined Oct 2012  Total posts:10

Anyone remember Dr. Gardner, Grantham Street? As a child in the 50s I thought he was very kind and gentle. I believe the practice moved to the Forum but I never knew what happened to him.
Doctors and Surgeons

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 18 of 18 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Wyken Croft School
|

Next (newer) topic

'Bogey Balance' - fact or fiction?
View similar topics in the Coventry People category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 65ms)