No actionNo action
649 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
646 of 649  Thu 18th May 2017 2:05pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3819

Hi & morning all Wave, Midland Red's picture of a rail stock being moved by road, has evoked a nice thought that it is good to utilise old stock where we can. I hate throwing anything away, unless it is rubbish. The mechanisms on our model railway wear out in time & are replaced or overhauled. With the price of most current OO locomotives well over £100, an economic refit is often worth while. I have two locos which now need a full re-build so when it is convenient a trip to Sheffield or Liverpool will be on the cards. I was brought up with kit-building model railways, but the intricate nature of these modern masterpieces requires really good eyesight, for dismantling. Besides, they need new parts, so it is easier to have an expert replace the motors & or gears. The two locos are both over twenty years old. I now usually limit having new locos for our railway to these occasions, & then only if the price is right. I have today ordered a B17 ER loco, that Hattons are overstocked with. The list price is currently over £130, but they are selling two varieties off @ £74 & £79 each. So, the new loco should arrive tomorrow. If I like it, I may have the other one on offer too. That will look nice on our inter-regional trains, Pam is sure! The B17s did work into Coventry from Peterborough on regular freight as well as occasional passenger.
Coventry Model Railways
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
647 of 649  Fri 19th May 2017 12:42pm  

Hi all Wave Oooooooooooooooow look what has arrived at Hall Brooks. Vac pipes installed footsteps to follow. It is superb! A run up to Longford to check clearances. Pam is very worried as she can feel another order coming on!
Coventry Model Railways
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
648 of 649  Fri 19th May 2017 4:24pm  

Hi all Wave The newly arrived B17, has satisfied all clearance tests & has had its specific detail add-ons added, is departing with a light duty, the afternoon parcels from Hounds Hill to Coventry & Northampton. The most realistic aspect of our railway is the fact that the loco won't be seen again, until it returns with a fitted freight, at least eleven sequences away in time. The B17s were a three cylinder loco, quite an innovation for such a small loco, almost a baby A1/A3 kind of thing. On paper, they were to replace the aging B12s. Happy
Coventry Model Railways
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
649 of 649  Wed 24th May 2017 3:43pm  

Hi all Wave I am in-between duties today, so had time to add the fine details to the B17, brake rodding, footsteps as well as close coupling the tender. This must be one of Hornby's finest in both running as well as detail.
Coventry Model Railways

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 646 to 649 of 649 posts

Page 44 of 44

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 .... 40 41 42 43 44
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Our Kaga
|

Next (newer) topic

King Henry VIII Grammar School
View similar topics in the Public Transport and Travel category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 47ms)